Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, Nova said:

I wonder why with BATB and GOTG2 and I believe F8 (I don't remember if F8 we got them) we got preview numbers on Thursday night. Is it a studio thing or is it Deadline mocking us....like hahaha you guys make fun of us but we've got the power. 

Could be a studio thing (happened with RO too), but I bet since those were expected to have very high previews/OW Deadline was working their sources for those #s.

3 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Emma watson? No. plenty of actresses would have been better than that wallpaper. 

That was the role...

Just now, MinaTakla said:

Wonder Woman’ Prevails On Thursday With $11M; Best Preview Night For A Movie By Female Director http://ift.tt/2rzifBX  (DH)

That seems pretty good, especially up against the finals

• Like 3

Just now, MinaTakla said:

Wonder Woman’ Prevails On Thursday With $11M; Best Preview Night For A Movie By Female Director http://ift.tt/2rzifBX  (DH)

Ok, I'm cool with that.

For what's it's worth, its MT # looks even better given CU looking at a solid performance 

• Like 1

Can we get a comparison of similar preview numbers and final OW of other movies? Anyone?

• Like 1

I had it at $12-13M for previews. Damn it! I wasn't that far off! 

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

107.5M. Its the average of the lower end 65M and 150M the absolute highest end that some people were predicting.

There were some predictions a lot higher than 150. Anyway, 107 is still in play but it's gonna have to outperform the typical Australia: America ratio by a pretty good margin to get there. Shitty thing is people have gotten so out of control with the predictions on here that everyone will be disappointed if it makes $90m or something, which is a great number.

• Like 3

Certainly good enough to keep $90+M on the table, since we don't know how much Game 1 affected the preview number.

• Like 1

Hmmm not bad. Ensures $100m.

needs an 11.78 multi from this for the weekend to hit the number we all want it to hit