Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Just now, DMan7 said:

NBA finals affected this?

NBA finals game 1 was down 5% from last year so while I do believe it had an effect, I don't think it had as big as an effect as most folks on here were talking about. Especially because by the third quarter, the game was a blowout. 

• Like 3

$11m previews is a pretty good number, I must say :) 

I'm guessing that means it will go over that $65 mil for the weekend predict :P 

Edited by 75live

"With $11M, making it the best preview night for a movie directed by a female director. The previous record was held by Sam Taylor Johnson’s Fifty Shades of Grey which made $8.6M."

Fifty Shades of Grey Opening Weekend: $85,171,450

"Wonder Woman’s Thursday night charts above the preview nights of such superhero origin stories as Doctor Strange ($9.4M), Ant-Man ($6.4M), Thor ($3.2M) and Captain America: The First Avenger ($4M), and just below Guardians of the Galaxy ($11.2M)."

Doctor Strange Opening Weekend: $85,058,311

Guardians of the Galaxy Opening Weekend: $94,320,883

SO, between $85M - 95M?

1 minute ago, TheMovieman said:

Don't forget, $12M of that OW came from that Wal Mart ticket thing.

Not exactly correct. The $12m Wal-Mart was separated as a Thursday gross and Man of Steel made a legit $116m from Friday midnight through Sunday. It was at $128m including the Wal-Mart money after Sunday, not $116m.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Best first post ever. Welcome to the forums!

I still think this is the best first post ever:

On 2017-5-29 at 9:36 PM, Samuel L Jackson said:

I just registered to tell all you potato eating motherf*ckers who posted those dumbass videos, that I hate you from the bottom of my intestines! I mean, I'm one sharp son of a gun so I knew each and every one of those links was bullsh*t and yet I still clicked on each and every one of those motherf*ckers. I blame you @iJackSparrow.

p.s. Valerian is going to have more rotten tomatoes than my grandmothers garden after they locked her up for 4 years due to domestic violence and it's also going to make less money than a cheap Hollywood hooker. In other words, it's going to bomb and when it does I'll be smiling!

Cheers motherf*ckers!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

"With $11M, making it the best preview night for a movie directed by a female director. The previous record was held by Sam Taylor Johnson’s Fifty Shades of Grey which made $8.6M."

Fifty Shades of Grey Opening Weekend: $85,171,450

"Wonder Woman’s Thursday night charts above the preview nights of such superhero origin stories as Doctor Strange ($9.4M), Ant-Man ($6.4M), Thor ($3.2M) and Captain America: The First Avenger ($4M), and just below Guardians of the Galaxy ($11.2M)."

Doctor Strange Opening Weekend: $85,058,311

Guardians of the Galaxy Opening Weekend: $94,320,883

SO, between $85M - 95M?

Likely will do better, since the we aren't in the middle of summer yet. But certainly not a guarentee.

Edited by Jayhawk

I'm pleased by this. After last night, I was a bit worried it was only gonna pull like 8M. This makes 11M makes 100M OW still a possibility.

Not to mention, its #'s were definitely muted by the NBA finals.

Edited by nomyth