Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

2 minutes ago, m3racer123 said:

I still think this is the best first post ever:

On 5/29/2017 at 1:36 PM, Samuel L Jackson said:

I just registered to tell all you potato eating motherf*ckers who posted those dumbass videos, that I hate you from the bottom of my intestines! I mean, I'm one sharp son of a gun so I knew each and every one of those links was bullsh*t and yet I still clicked on each and every one of those motherf*ckers. I blame you @iJackSparrow.

p.s. Valerian is going to have more rotten tomatoes than my grandmothers garden after they locked her up for 4 years due to domestic violence and it's also going to make less money than a cheap Hollywood hooker. In other words, it's going to bomb and when it does I'll be smiling!

Cheers motherf*ckers!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Not exactly correct. The $12m Wal-Mart was separated as a Thursday gross and Man of Steel made a legit $116m from Friday midnight through Sunday. It was at $128m including the Wal-Mart money after Sunday, not $116m.

which is nonsensical given mojo counts 7PM sneaks as part of opening day with every othr movie sans ID4 in 1996.

MOS opening weekend was $128 million.

Just now, a2knet said:

OD could be 3.35x the previews

11 + 26 + 30.5 (+17%) + 24.5 (-19.5%) = 92

I always had it around that number so that works for me.  But still wouldn't be surprised if it got higher though

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

I saw the original Alien at the cinema tonight. The group next to me thought it was Alien: Covenant. When they realised they were in the wrong Alien, they left.

I felt bad for them.

Bloody eggs!

Meanwhile, 20th Century Fox’s final release of DreamWorks Animation’s Captain Underpants drew $650K from previews at 2,550 locations last night which started at 5PM. School isn’t really out yet for the K-12 crowd, and it pays to note that DWA’s Home made the same amount of money on March 27, 2015. Captain Underpants, which is known to largely appeal to the handholder kid crowd, will open at 3,434 theaters today with an eye on $20M-$22M.

Among those films in regular release, Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales charted an estimated $3.4M at 4,276 venues yesterday taking its opening week’s cume to $93M

src

• Like 6

Assuming this performs similar to Deadpool, it would put it at $114M for the weekend. 

If it performs like GOTG it would put it at $92M. 

I think its going to perform more like the former though and really blow up. 

• Like 1

Just now, excel1 said:

which is nonsensical given mojo counts 7PM sneaks as part of opening day with every othr movie sans ID4 in 1996.

MOS opening weekend was $128 million.

Mojo also doesn't count the $13m Thursday for POTC: At World's End as part of the Friday gross. Batman 89, Batman Returns, Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park 2 are some others with Thursday previews that are separated from the weekend.

I think they handled the Man of Steel Wal-Mart thing correctly given the fact it's a very unusual situation. I do think they should add the Thursday previews into the Friday grosses of POTC3, B89, BR, JP1, JP2, etc.

• Like 3