Plain Old Tele

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 hour ago, Last Man Standing said:

Tbf I'm mostly interested in how you know those men retweeted by comic book accounts are gay. Like what did they post, "Having a gay time at the Wonder Woman premiere #homosexual"?

This is the first post in a while that I've laughed out loud at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Plus same multiplier from previews to OD as Suicide Squad. 

That's.... not encouraging given SS was in the heart of the summer where there are still schools in session right now.

Granted, it'll hold much better tomorrow than SS did.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, That Covfefe Guy said:

lol @ people trusting early DHD numbers.

Deadline has been pretty accurate with their Friday numbers as of late. I used to crack jokes about them all the time but they've been pretty decent as of late. 

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

2nd Update, 11:50PM: Midday figures show Warner Bros./DC’s Wonder Woman is flying toward a $34M-$37.5M Friday, with a three-day projection of $85M on the low-end, and a potential shot at breaking into the low-to-mid $90M range. This is a similar B.O. sphere where Disney/Marvel’s Doctor Strange launched ($32.6M first day, $85M for the weekend) and Guardians of the Galaxy ($37.8M, $94.3M weekend), so a very healthy start for a new superhero franchise.

Also doing well is 20th Century Fox’s Captain Underpants with an estimated $7.5M per industry sources today and $23.5M at 3,434 venues, potentially slotting second.  Why so good? Because we hear that the movie cost under $30M (before P&A) as it was part of a new experimental animation model under the DWA umbrella.  Great reviews at 84% certainly help. Movie is based on the epic novels by Dav Pilkey, directed by David Soren and features the voices of Ed Helms, Kevin Hart, Nick Kroll, Thomas Middleditch, Jordan Peele, and Kristen Schaal.

Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales isn’t far behind with $6.3M today, and an estimated $22.5M in weekend two, -64% for a 10-day run of $115.5M. Disney/Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 looks like $3M today, and a fifth weekend of $11.5M, -45% for an estimated running cume of $357.2M by Sunday. Paramount’s Baywatch swimming toward $2.3M today, and $7.5M in weekend two, -59% for a running domestic total by Sunday of $40.7M.

I was right on the money. Wonder Woman's point of reference is Doctor Strange, not the $300M and even $400M some (many) were dreaming about. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's.... not encouraging given SS was in the heart of the summer where there are still schools in session right now.

Granted, it'll hold much better tomorrow than SS did.

I think you mean the other way around.

Suicide Squad had people out of school on its first Friday, WW didn't. 

• Like 1

The plan for 40 is working.

Let's call it....'the plan for 40' plan

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

Deadline will say 'Wonder Woman blasts off to 35+ Friday flying toward a 34-37.5 Friday'

Rth will make an appearance saying '36-38 as of now'

Deadline will then say 'Late night shows coming in stronger than expected pushing the Friday projection to 39+. Rival studios say it could go even higher.'

Rth will comeback to say '40-41.5'

WB will release 41,100,000

:sparta:

• Like 6