franfar

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (yes that's the subtitle) | May 24, 2024 | Anya Taylor-Joy is Furiosa + Chris Hemsworth

14 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

It for sure doesn't come close to this from a decade ago. But I'll be watching it regardless!

This is not Fury Road's first trailer

Granted I'd say Furiosa showed even less than FR's first trailer in terms of setpieces and whatnot but it makes sense - they have less to prove this time around

Think it still looks sick, don't really see the complaints in this thread at all

• Like 1

4 hours ago, emoviefan said:

Not once did I watch this trailer and say it looks like Peyton Reed directed it but that's just me

Peyton Reed is generally a competent director. George Miller is on another level.

I haven't been to the movie theater so much this year (life), but I'll try m hardest to be there for this one. I really wish I had seen the first one on a big screen back then, I regret I haven't.

39 minutes ago, Juby said:

Idiotic subtitle. Why couldn't it just be Furiosa?

Studio is probably afraid that people have no clue from where the titular character is, so they wanted so slap the franchise name somehow on the movie.

I assumed it was directed by someone else until I looked the film up on Wikipedia. It looks like absolute dog piss.  What awful cinematography and CGI. Doesn’t look like anything he could have made.

However… I know better than to doubt George Miller

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I assumed it was directed by someone else until I looked the film up on Wikipedia. It looks like absolute dog piss.  What awful cinematography and CGI. Doesn’t look like anything he could have made.

However… I know better than to doubt George Miller

3000 years of longing have exactly this aesthetic 

• Like 1

It’s a good trailer, clearly hiding a lot which is more than acceptable for something that won’t come out for another 6 months. 

The complains about how it looks on social media is extremely annoying tho. Like, it obviously doesn’t looks like Fury Road. Now why this is a bad thing i really can’t understand. 

Miller have a career of being very excited about new techs potential, you can clearly understand the evolution of some digital techniques in movie history just watching his movies in order. 

Dude is obviously aiming for the artificial here, lots of these shots looks like somewhat expressionist paintings. It’s a digital movie similar to his 3000 Years of Longing released only 2 years ago, not like his Fury Road released 9 years ago. 

People online are crying about the CGI (that is obviously unfinished to be fair) but what’s really different about this and annoying more the “it doesn’t look real” crowd is more how he’s using even more surreal stronger colors and using clearly the digital aspect of new types of cinematography instead of trying to hide it with grey color palette. 

Sure, no one is obligated to like this aesthetic, but the constant affirmations that it’s aiming to recreate Fury Road visuals and failing due to bad production is simply wrong. It’s a new creative choice and other than some shots it looks interesting, not looking like the previous movie is something expected for a director that have some of the most random filmography trajectory ever. 

At least personally, i’m very excited to see something this unashamed of being super colorful and artificial as an aesthetic decision after a decade of pseudo realistic looking movies. I’m sure some of the unfinished VFX will be better once the movie is, you know, finished, but i really doubt it’ll look grounded like the invisible VFX of Fury Road and not due to some failed production.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s a good trailer, clearly hiding a lot which is more than acceptable for something that won’t come out for another 6 months. 

The complains about how it looks on social media is extremely annoying tho. Like, it obviously doesn’t looks like Fury Road. Now why this is a bad thing i really can’t understand. 

Miller have a career of being very excited about new techs potential, you can clearly understand the evolution of some digital techniques in movie history just watching his movies in order. 

Dude is obviously aiming for the artificial here, lots of these shots looks like somewhat expressionist paintings. It’s a digital movie similar to his 3000 Years of Longing released only 2 years ago, not like his Fury Road released 9 years ago. 

People online are crying about the CGI (that is obviously unfinished to be fair) but what’s really different about this and annoying more the “it doesn’t look real” crowd is more how he’s using even more surreal stronger colors and using clearly the digital aspect of new types of cinematography instead of trying to hide it with grey color palette. 

Sure, no one is obligated to like this aesthetic, but the constant affirmations that it’s aiming to recreate Fury Road visuals and failing due to bad production is simply wrong. It’s a new creative choice and other than some shots it looks interesting, not looking like the previous movie is something expected for a director that have some of the most random filmography trajectory ever. 

At least personally, i’m very excited to see something this unashamed of being super colorful and artificial as an aesthetic decision after a decade of pseudo realistic looking movies. I’m sure some of the unfinished VFX will be better once the movie is, you know, finished, but i really doubt it’ll look grounded like the invisible VFX of Fury Road and not due to some failed production.

Could not agree more  or say it better than this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It looks good.

Chris Hemsworth is the only drawback for me. He already appears miscast. 

It's hard to tell if he's miscast since we know almost nothing about who he's supposed to be playing or his role in the story 

Also, Anya Taylor Joy is a fine choice but...it doesn't seem like she's that much younger than Furiosa is supposed to be in Fury Road, which makes the decision to recast her confusing

Edited by SpiderByte

Just now, SpiderByte said:

It's hard to tell if he's miscast since we know almost nothing about who he's supposed to be playing or his role in the story 

Maybe miscast is the wrong word but he looks out of place. The Thor hair, beard and even red cape (?) at one point is jarring. 

Wish they’d gone with someone else. Sorry Chris. 

14 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

That subtitle is pretty frustrating. 

Joins the ranks of most annoying movie titles this decade alongside a knives out mystery and Scream (not 5).

I'll echo the general whiney sentiment that it looks a bit too clean, a bit too CGI and a bit too much like Fury Road, but I still have faith in Miller delivering a great action movie.