WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

11 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The success of Wonder Woman is such a SLAP in Marvel's face. 

Marvel's output is sort of like those inescapable pop songs that are overplayed on Top 40 radio. Sure they're made with skill by people who clearly know what they're doing, but that can't disguise the stench of their safe, formulaic, factory-made assembly. 

Image result for rocket raccoon gif laughing

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JB33 said:

By the way, my last post isn't supposed to be a Marvel vs DC thing so, mods, please don't delete it. It's more my commentary on what Marvel films are, in my mind.

But responding to "My Universe can kick your universe" posts, even in a sensible, thoughtful manner (like your post) only leads to grief, because they will probably fire back with more "my cock is bigger than yours" crap.... :( 

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 3

Whoa!!! I can't believe Scabab is here too. 

He used to be a pretty much active user on imdb. I remember him from The Expendables 3 and Fant4stic boards. Those boards were madness, literally madness. If it's indeed the same Scabab, that's surprising.

Scabab, you used to be a great user. This forum is probably the only real decent place where we can discuss about movies, series and so on, without being insulted. I'm pretty sure you remember the hard times on The Expendables 3 forums, for example. Rough times. 

After imdb closed the boards, this and perhaps reddit ( which I'm not really a fan ) are the few places where people can speak their pieces. 

That being said, guys here are much better at predicting numbers than most of the other places, Scabab. Come on, have fun here. Let off some steam. :)

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

That's an odd comparison.

You know why they made it. As a fan of both DC and Marvel I don't see why super fanboys from both sides have to undermine certain movies to make theirs look better. Either way we're talking about the 6th Spider-Man and 3rd version of the character in only 15 years still doing pretty well at the BO and even improving over the last series. 

Edited by Rman823

10 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

SpiderMan 6 under Man of Steel domestic?:ohmygod:

Way too early to dismiss Spidey's performance. Yeah, like MoS, it's a frontloaded movie.

Perhaps the second weekend drop will seal its fate. If Spidey drops 50-55%, I believe 300 million domestic will be hard to get, though still not impossible. I say, give time to time.

Just now, Rman823 said:

You know why they made it. As a fan of both DC and Marvel I don't see why super fanboys from both sides have to undermine certain movies to make theirs look better. Either way we're talking about the 6th Spider-Man and 3rd version of the character still doing pretty well at the BO and even improving over the last series. 

The last two were sub-300m, I don't see why you should be upset about this one increasing from those two, even if it misses the mark.

• Like 3

Just now, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

The last two were sub-300m, I don't see why you should be upset about this one increasing from those two, even if it misses the mark.

You shouldn't be. Which is why they think bringing up MOS's gross undermines Homecoming's (which it doesn't). 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

This will be tough. So far Spidey owns everything up to this point.

OW, weekdays, 2nd weekends etc.... MOS dropped 65% second weekend.

I think Spidey will be over $310M+ at this point. Unless it takes another nose dive next weekend ....then perhaps.

• Like 2

How my theater is doing today:

Apes is down but not by much. The third screen is proving to be useless in the late afternoon/evening. 

Right when The Big Sick got downsized to a smaller auditorium, it had the best day of its run so far :rofl: The showing that just started only sold 4 tickets, but the other shows have been between 20-30 tickets.

Conversely, Wish Upon has had its worst day so far. No showing has sold more than 10-16 tickets, and the morning show only sold 3.

SMH's 2D shows: HOLY SHAT. SMH's 3D shows: LOL

DM3 is around the same as yesterday. 3D has collapsed tho.

Baby Driver has been selling a fuckton of tickets today. Moving it up into an average auditorium definitely helped with capacity.

Wonder Woman sold well for its first two shows but performed eh at 4:25 and hasn't sold much for the show in half an hour.

Transformers and Cars are still selling decently, but they're both going next weekend anyways.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Wonder89 said:

Actually even with that big drop SMH is within $2M of MOS despite the bigger opening. MOS also had weaker dailies in comparison.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1