Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

17 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I searched up "John Mctiernan movie jail" on google to find out why he hasn't made a movie in 20 years and found out he went to actual jail lmao. Read up on the shit he pulled and what a way to ruin an amazing career.

He does have a new one in development finally.

https://www.screendaily.com/news/uma-thurman-john-mctiernan-team-up-on-cannes-sales-title-tau-ceti-4-exclusive/5139104.article

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

The only problem is the wrong 2 teams are currently at the top. 

Do admit I have a soft spot for wanting to see the M's finally break their 20 year playoff drought (last made it in 2001), as if there's any long suffering fan base that deserves some joy, it's them.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Porthos said:

Do admit I have a soft spot for wanting to see the M's finally break their 20 year playoff drought (last made it in 2001), as if there's any long suffering fan base that deserves some joy, it's them.

You’re damn right! :)

As much as I want to subscribe to the notion that this is just the warmup and the truly great run is yet to come (though the current makeup of the organization suggests that might actually be the case this time), we’ve already seen this movie several times in the last 20 years: M’s come out of nowhere to have a surprisingly good year, pieces appear to be falling into place, incremental improvements follow in the offseason, and then… nothing. So I really want to see them get the job done now, unlikely as it feels given the current state of the standings and the tiebreakers that would need to happen if everything breaks their way today and tomorrow.

• Like 3

Not Urban Meyer's wild night being the way I found out that Stephen A Smith has a recurring role on General Hospital...

He even gets action scenes, too...

Now that time ABC had him hosting the Oscars post show totally makes sense! 

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Astonished 1

Had genuinely forgot that American Crime Story: Impeachment is actually on air now because no one discusses it as no one seems to care at all. The season is averaging about 600k viewers, down from 1.2M for Versace and 3.5M for OJ. I guess the past 4 years have made people realize what actual political scandals are like compared to the crimes detailed in this show.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Had genuinely forgot that African American Crime Story: Impeachment is actually on air now because no one discusses it as no one seems to care at all. The season is averaging about 600k viewers, down from 1.2M for Versace and 3.5M for OJ. I guess the past 4 years have made people realize what actual political scandals are like compared to the crimes detailed in this show.

Heh.

I've been watching Impeachment and so far it's been a textbook case of "Failed Emmy Bait 101." With The People v. O.J. Simpson and The Assassination of Gianni Versace you could tell that everyone involved actually cared to create a compelling program that examined these famous stories. This just feels like it was only made to cast strong actors as the well-known people that played roles in this whole saga and all involved decided their work was done after that. And while they've indeed assembled an excellent cast and there's some good performances (Annaleigh Ashford's Paula Jones has definitely been the standout), most of it just feels off.

Given the low ratings/buzz is for this season I doubt that Studio 54 season that was announced a while ago ever happens and that this will be the end of American Crime Story. And given how Murphy's hit-or-miss track record has been mostly "miss" in recent years it might indeed be time that he takes a break from his very busy work schedule. We sure could use a break from him.

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

saw no time to die today and my local cinema now has a sign that tells you which movies playing have scenes after the credits. never seen this before.

The power of the MCU has resulted in the expectation that every movie will have a post-credits bonus these days. Even when I (regrettably) saw Dear Evan Hansen the other week a bunch of people stayed seated for the end credits lol.

Edited by filmlover

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

A partial list of studios and companies affected:

List of Major AMPTP Signatories

**This is not an exhaustive List**

Marvel Film Productions LLC

Marvel Picture Works, LLC

Walt Disney Pictures

Warner Bros. Animation

Warner Bros. Pictures

Warner Bros. Television

Warner Bros. Studio Facilities

Warner Specialty Productions, Inc.

Warner Specialty Video Productions Inc.

Netflix Studios, LLC

Netflix Animation, LLC

Sony Pictures Studios, Inc.

Paramount Pictures Corporation

Paramount Worldwide Productions Inc.

Apple Studios LLC

Apple Studios Louisiana LLC

CBS Studios Inc.

CBS Films Inc.

ABC Signature, LLC

ABC Studios New York, LLC

Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation

20th Century Studios, Inc.

Fox Studio Lot, LLC

Fox Alternative Entertainment, LLC

Legendary Features Productions US, LLC

Legendary Pictures Productions, LLC

20th Century Studios, Inc.

Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc.

MGM Television Entertainment, Inc.

Lions Gate Productions, LLC

Focus Features Productions, LLC

Horizon Scripted Television Inc.

Universal Animation Studios LLC

Universal Content Productions LLC

Universal City Studios LLC

New Line Productions, Inc.

• Astonished 2

I imagine the pressure is probably much higher for this to be resolved than the WGA strike of the late 2000s since it might impact something like Spider-Man: No Way Home (which is likely not even close to being finished) from meeting its release date. We shall see over the next few days.