That One Girl

Pet Sematary | April 5, 2019 | Paramount | Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer (Starry Eyes) to direct

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:37 AM, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't know about that massive change... 

It is amazing  how often filmmakers, in adapting a very successful work, don't quite get the idea of "If it ain;t broke, don't fix it".

Thing about IT is the directors and writers got that;it seems doubtful that the people doing "Pet Semetary" got it.

Look, I know the basic idea in Pet Semetary is very well known...they referenced it as a running joke in "Justice League" for heaven's sake....but that trailer gave away way too many of the specific points of the plot.

And the big change sucks, frankly.

I am always happy when a film proves its detractors wrong (you know, the people who have only watched a trailer and decide that the film is going to be awful and flop). And I am always happy when a film that looks great (yes, I thought the trailers looked awesome) ends up being great.

• Like 1

Loving these reactions! Can't wait!

April 5-7 is going to be a busy weekend for me. Shazam!Pet Sematary and I'm also re-watching Captain Marvel that weekend as part of my MCU marathon leading up to EG.

• Like 1