DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

The MCU as we know it will be over in 2019. What they do next is really up in the air. Timing wise, it seems like they just managed to finish their shit as the tide changes. 

I mean kind of, but not really. Sure the phase 1 crop of characters are being greatly minimized, but there are plenty of big characters that will still be at the forefront (Spidey, Guardians, Strange, Black Panther, etc). 

12 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Whats up with all these X-Men Dark Phoenix  100M total predicts. Thats fucking insane. Give it a Break. 

If it's Apocalypse all over again $100m sounds about right.

I think at this point the DCeU needs to stick to solo movies with little to no cameos from other characters or mentions of anything else in the universe outside of that solo character's world. They should also consider scrapping that Flashpoint movie as well as that offers another opportunity to make a complete clusterfuck of a movie. Just do a Flash solo movie.

Guardians of The Galaxy which was pretty much an unknown brand 3 years ago passed 800 million.

Wonder Women a film that many doubted for years and years passed Civil War domestically and 800 million worldwide.

Third Version of Spiderman in 15 years passed 800 million

Thor 3 which was a sequel to one of the most disliked Marvel films passed 800 million.

Logan which is a sequel to many mediocre recent wolverine films was a smashing success and likely a future comic book classic.

Yet JL underperforming is a systemic problem??? 

:hahaha:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

The MCU as we know it will be over in 2019. What they do next is really up in the air. Timing wise, it seems like they just managed to finish their shit as the tide changes. 

The tide isn't changing yet. A Thor movie may gross over $300M domestically. Even though $300M isn't what it used to be because of inflation, that's still a pretty good result. Also, GOTG2 made massive money earlier in the year. I don't think the tide is changing at all.

30 minutes ago, raegr said:

Does anyone else remember when @EmpireCity said this movie is fine and that I'll open huge

:sparta::sparta::sparta:

Yeah, I was trying to be nice based on what happened before with a DC Movie.  

The reality is I thought the movie was complete shit and thought it might open to like $150m based on pity.  Should have trusted my eyes and the tracking but didn't want to break the hearts of fanboys that post over and over and over and over and over and over obsessively about the same crappy movie.  

Congrats, you follow a franchise with 1 well reviewed movie out of 5 made so far.  So proud!

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Just 13 live action movies the size of the smallest superheroes (say Logan/Ant-Man) movie and up, could be missing some (like all the animated movie) and it is still more than the SH entries but it is getting close.

King Arthur, Valerian, Blade Runner, Alien... It's the no-superhero fatigue. :whosad:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

The reality is I thought the movie was complete shit and thought it might open to like $150m based on pity.  Should have trusted my eyes and the tracking but didn't want to break the hearts of fanboys that post over and over and over and over and over and over obsessively about the same crappy movie.  

Congrats, you follow a franchise with 1 well liked movie out of 5 made so far.  So proud!

You have to take everything raegr says with a huge grain of salt.  He's still a pup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

Congrats, you follow a franchise with 1 well reviewed movie out of 5 made so far.  So proud!

giphy.gif

I'm being serious when I say that I would have given a much more honest opinion if not for what happened after I posted early about Wonder Woman (even though I was spot on with the opening and how it would do financially).  

I chickened out because the backlash I got was not worth it.  From now on I will be honest in my assessment no matter what.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean kind of, but not really. Sure the phase 1 crop of characters are being greatly minimized, but there are plenty of big characters that will still be at the forefront (Spidey, Guardians, Strange, Black Panther, etc). 

I mean yes they have lots of great characters to play with but the Avengers aspect of it. Like the above characters would make for a very weird Avengers team lmao

I'm going to get a little hopeful and optimistic.

I think the late shows pick up some and we end up with 42 Friday.

Then I think the WOM will help it have a 30% Saturday increase to 37.7

Sunday has a nice drop of 29% to 27 mill.

106.7 mill OW.  Not good at all, but hopefully the legs on this reflect what I've been hearing from people who have seen it.  Hoping for a 2.6-2.7X.

285 mill is bad but not disastrous, if it can do well internationally.

Is this too optimistic?  Maybe.

• Like 4