DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

8 hours ago, Orestes said:

The difference between Wonder Woman and Justice League and why the audience of one might not necessarily all be the audience of the other can be summed up in two gifs:

PRQ9ypq.gif

vs

9v65vrE.gif

They're pretty similar moves, but one is focused on the bad ass while the other is just focused on the ass.

I noticed that quite a few times too and it bugged me.   And I'm no SJW believe me.   I could see the female audience being turned off by all the upskirt stuff.

6 hours ago, filmnerdjamie said:

This opening should also put to rest this notion that throwing Wonder Woman in the mix will automatically mean something.

It must not matter at all if this opens where some are predicting.  Like...not at all.   I would expect a movie that is following bad WoM like BvS to open higher than 120m WITHOUT WW in the mix.    Also calls into question other movies where adding a character was supposed be a box office boost like Iron Man in SM:H and various characters in Captain America Civil War.    It is probably more about the audience being interested in the MOVIE...not the characters.   Every movie has a bunch of different characters.   I think we look at CBMs as if each one has a separate fan base that never overlap.   (The Avengers probably caused that)

1 minute ago, Harpospoke said:

I noticed that quite a few times too and it bugged me.   And I'm no SJW believe me.   I could see the female audience being turned off by all the upskirt stuff.

It must not matter at all if this opens where some are predicting.  Like...not at all.   I would expect a movie that is following bad WoM like BvS to open higher than 120m WITHOUT WW in the mix.    Also calls into question other movies where adding a character was supposed be a box office boost like Iron Man in SM:H and various characters in Captain America Civil War.    It is probably more about the audience being interested in the MOVIE...not the characters.   Every movie has a bunch of different characters.   I think we look at CBMs as if each one has a separate fan base that never overlap.   (The Avengers probably caused that)

The most male gaze-y shots interestingly enough to me, were the ones where she was not in costume.

3 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I dont wanna be a debbie downer but this doesn't seem that great for a movie of Justice League caliber

For a film that should've been an Avengers-style mega-event, the fact it's looking to make less on opening weekend than what that film made in its second weekend just goes to show how badly they botched it.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

$40M Friday is what I'm expecting off that then.

Fri: $40M ($27M sans previews)

Sat: $34M 

Sun: $23M

OW: $97M

I agree with this. Let's not forget the extra hour can make a decent difference in the OD ratio

Preview to OW multi of comparable movies and JL's OW if it has same multi. 

Avengers - 11 - 143

WW - 9.4 - 122

CA:TWS - 9.33 - 121

logan - 9.3 - 121

DS - 9 - 117

Gotg2 - 8.6 - 112

Thor 3 - 8.46 - 110

Gotg1 - 8.4 - 109

SMH - 7.6 - 99

CW - 7.16 - 93

AoU - 6.9 - 90

SS - 6.5 - 86

BvS - 6 - 78

Max I can see now is 110-112 which would be same multi as Thor 3/Gotg2. Both of these movies had lots of walk ups and had great reviews which JL doesnt. 100m or less is a possibility too

• Like 4