CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Downsizing: 2:09. Attachments are Annihilation and A Quiet Place (Cloverfield is really getting delayed again isn't it? :rofl: )

Money in the World: 2:07. Attachments are unknown.

Darkest Hour: 2:00. Attachment is Phantom Thread.

The Shape of Water: 1:58. Attachments are The Post  and Isle of Dogs.

Jumanji: 1:52. Attachments are unknown.

Father Figures: 1:47. Attachments are unknown.

The Greatest Showman: 1:38. Attachments are The Post and Love, Simon (might be a new trailer)

Pitch Perfect: 1:30. Attachments are unknown.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Best Star Wars film of all time. Seeing people discussing puny fanboy critic scores is petty. This film is bold. TESB bold. It's bound and destined to be seen as one of the best Star Wars films of all time as a consensus, just like TESB is today. It will make an insane amount of well deserved box office money and I'm going back today. 

#boldfilmmaking :redcapes:  :hahaha:

ESB was extremely divisive when it came out. This is no different.

5 years from now TLJ will be seen as the consensus best film of the franchise.

People will pretend like they always loved it. Just like what happened with Empire.

• Haha 1

I'm sure this has already been said but it's okay to have disagreements about our like or dislike of a film. For the people who liked Star Wars The Last Jedi I'm happy you did and I respect your opinion but also respect my opinion and others like me that didn't like it. No one needs to be called a troll or a hater. There isn't too many bigger Star Wars fans out there than me this film just was not my kind of Star Wars.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, weresweresweres said:

I was thinking that there will much more pages, probably users are afraid to admit that they didn't enjoy Last Jedi. Let's be honest it wasn't great movie.

*sigh*

Yes, clearly people are afraid to give an honest opinion on a message board, a place where they can act in anonymity. That makes a ton of sense...

Might be a good idea for you to learn what the word opinion means. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean that everyone secretly shares it, even if they claim otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheebs86 said:

ESB was extremely divisive when it came out. This is no different.

5 years from now TLJ will be seen as the consensus best film of the franchise.

People will pretend like they always loved it. Just like what happened with Empire.

Just like Valerian will be considered the best movie of this decade 20 years from now, mark my words!

This thread is getting stupid....

This will easily be the highest grossing film of the year by New Years Day and people are trying to suggest it is a colossal failure. 

It will be a highly successful film with a divisive reaction.

Like IW and JW2 likely won't make as much as this film made in its first 3 weekends.  

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When was the last time that a 90%+ Critic score accompanied a rotten Aud score?

EDIT:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Snooze was 83% Critics and 65% Aud.

Mother! was 68% Critics and 50% Aud.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Just like Valerian will be considered the best movie of this decade 20 years from now, mark my words!

Difference being critics gave TLJ overwhelmingly glowing praise as one of the best films in the franchise, its not like the praise of this film being an all time classic in the genre is coming from nowhere.

Critics are on the side of TLJ being up there with Empire. Critics got it right, fanboys got it wrong.

Edited by Cheebs86

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

If it doesn't show some recovery, this thing is gonna be in the low to mid 40's by the end of the weekend.

The moment when a SW movie has a lower audience rating than Alien Covenant and Valerian. :lol: But I quite liked Alien so...