CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Impossible Disney isn't able to throw away free money, they'll suck your films dry until they got every penny they can.

You took the most obvious bait possible, though I guess you just really wanted to post about Avatar some more.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

You took the most obvious bait possible, though I guess you just really wanted to post about Avatar some more.

actually I'm done talking about Avatar for a bit... don't know why people even brought it up (wasn't me) as IW isn't getting close to it's gross.

8 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

It's early, but like I said this morning, people are going to be shocked at the number.  

Given that it kept going higher into the night yesterday I think it might hit $82m after everything is settled.  

Again, it is very early and that could change and I am being a bit more aggressive than others.  

Right on the money. 

I will be here all night waiting for that revised Sunday estimate that will confirm the OW record from you or @Rthanos:Venom:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Impossible Disney isn't able to throw away free money, they'll suck your films dry until they got every penny they can.

I love Cameron movies, especially over movies by an amateurish hack like Abrams, but I still think Avatars milk will be bone dry by A3.

Edited by GirafficPark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Not meaning to sound like a jerk but to say he procrastinates really unknowledgable, he doesn't know the meaning of the word.

Nostalgia will not be needed as it will stand on it's own two legs just as every Jim films before it, but to answer your question probably.

I was joking about the procrastination, hence the face.

Nostalgia may not be "needed" but it's certainly going to be a huge factor. Such a long wait between a first movie that made over 200M and the release of a sequel has only been seen once before, Finding Nemo and Finding Dory at 13 years. Normally they come much sooner, so it's safe to say this is uncharted waters. Incredibles 2 is taking it even further, should be fun to watch.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Optimistic

150M OW

450M US

1B WW

Not too far from what I've been thinking for Captain Marvel.

150M OW

450M US

900M WW

The only way I see it making 1B WW is if it makes 500M US, which I don't think is out of the question. I'm just not willing to go that crazy until I see a trailer, haha.

Holy balls! That's an awesome number. Congrats to IW. The OW record is done. I won't be shocked to see a huge Sunday as well. Maybe a 15% drop. So 255-260. Simply amazing.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

I love Cameron movies, especially over movies by an amateurish hack like Abrams, but I still think Avatars milk will be bone dry by A3.

I can definitely see why you would think that but you should this is something the Aliens and T2 director has been thinking about and is confident about overcoming. Most recently his criticism of Marvel movies for being same-same is alluding to his confidence that the Avatar sequels will be great. He's gone into depth about how to make a sequel fresh in the past and he's been hyping the sequels stories into oblivion.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Holy balls! That's an awesome number. Congrats to IW. The OW record is done. I won't be shocked to see a huge Sunday as well. Maybe a 15% drop. So 255-260. Simply amazing.

Yes it looks to be this way, I don't know what Gitesh is on about when he says he expect $240m total after this $80m saturday

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

Not too far from what I've been thinking for Captain Marvel.

150M OW

450M US

900M WW

The only way I see it making 1B WW is if it makes 500M US, which I don't think is out of the question. I'm just not willing to go that crazy until I see a trailer, haha.

I think crazy DBZ space battles will be big in foreign markets. If it leans into 90s nostalgia the same way GOTG does with 80s nostalgia though that might be a bit of a barrier. 

6 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I think crazy DBZ space battles will be big in foreign markets. If it leans into 90s nostalgia the same way GOTG does with 80s nostalgia though that might be a bit of a barrier. 

Speaking of GOTG I reckon Infinity War will do well to boost their OS chances for Vol 3. Same whenever they make Doctor Strange 2 but more for the North America box office.

I like the fact that you can't bring DC into this thread because that's "supposed" to stir shit up but talking about Avatar and Cameron is fine here, while in reality DC hasn't been a match for many years and the only flame-war-worthy opponent for Marvel now is Avatar.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Live action Dragon Ball Z with $300m budget and full cgi when?

cell_s_plot_by_sunlaiyan_by_9284098-d7ix

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1