CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

No-one has made a ranking list for Avengers films. So I will start, im including Civil War.

1. Infinity War

2. Avengers

3. Civil War

4. Ultron

Please don't let this be a start of the "is Civil War an Avengers movie" debate.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

That includes midnights.

I think since it was "true" midnights, and they actually took place on Friday, it's acceptable to argue that DH2 has the record. 

It's difficult since showings at like 1am Sunday morning will get counted towards Saturday not Sunday. It's a twisted system in a way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

No-one has made a ranking list for Avengers films. So I will start, im including Civil War.

1. Infinity War

2. Avengers

3. Civil War

4. Ultron

No need for more lists. Thats the right one^^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Oh well, congrats to Marvel, I guess. I'm not a fan of their movies, but what Feige has been able to accomplish over the past 10 years is unprecedented and absolutely remarkable. We're living in a time where Avengers breaks the OW twice and a third-tier comic book character like Black Panther does 700 fucking million in NA alone. Come on, son

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

I think since it was "true" midnights, and they actually took place on Friday, it's acceptable to argue that DH2 has the record. 

It's difficult since showings at like 1am Sunday morning will get counted towards Saturday not Sunday. It's a twisted system in a way

They didn't stop counting Friday receipts at midnight so it would be more than 24 hours.

28 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

A superhero's first movie will always be more meaningful than another teamup movie.

BP and WW were historic moments, especially for their fans.

IW is far more historic than WW and BP combined 

Better film too

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

43 minutes ago, Jessie said:

And no Black Panther is not a more important movie its a racist movie disguised as an important movie. 

Is this poster serious? Or are they just confused, deplorable and desperate for attention in a thread that should be celebrating IW's historic OW?

I can't quite tell. 

Edited by svetlana99
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

They didn't stop counting Friday receipts at midnight so it would be more than 24 hours.

Yes, but it is unlikely that DH2 made more than $10m after Friday midnight. 

As I said in the second part of the post, it's a twisted system with all the previews and 6am-6am receipts rather than midnight to midnight like everything else

10 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

It's not feasible or logical to say that Deathly Hallows Part 2 has the record. Thursday previews just replaced midnights and we all know that if the midnites were still on films like Star Wars and the Avengers would have massive Midnight's instead of massive Thursday previews.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

1. Infinity War

2. Avengers

3. Civil War

4. Ultron

Technically, can Civil War really be an Avengers movie with no Hulk or Thor? 

1 hour ago, MaxAggressor said:

http://deadline.com/2018/04/avengers-infinity-war-weekend-box-office-opening-records-1202378032/

Today, Infinity War scored the record for the best Saturday ever with $80.9M, which is 16% ahead of the previous Saturday record owned by Universal’s Jurassic World ($69.6M, June 13, 2015). Today marked a wonderful -25% ease from Friday’s $106.7M (including $39M Thursday previews). Back those previews out of Friday ($67.7M) and today was +19% over yesterday for the Disney-Marvel title.

If that holds, I'll be really close with my 81 prediction after estimates came in both times earlier.

8 minutes ago, svetlana99 said:

Is this poster serious? Or are they just confused, deplorable and desperate for attention in a thread that should be celebrating IW's historic OW?

I can't quite tell. 

How is it not? It spends a lot of the time calling white people colonists and literally ignoring white characters for actions that happened hundreds of years ago whilst audiences are like 'omg such an important movie'

NO

if i made a film called white knight and had scenes where the heroes ignored black guys for lets say being a big factor as to why homicide is so high in USA it wouldnt sit too well. 

Black Panther is a good movie but lets not act like it was a really important movie and not a little racist, dont be blind. 

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1

So the only way Infinity Wars misses the opening weekend record is if it drops buy more than 28% on Sunday. I feel pretty confident in saying the opening weekend record is toast.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1