Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

PG-13. 

Sony chickened out

Nobody ever said it was rated R. They said they were aiming for R way before Fleischer or Tom Hardy came on. Look at the multiple interviews Fleischer has done. He gets asked if it's R and then deflects the question with "it hasn't been rated yet". If it was R, they would have been bragging about it. In one interview, Fleischer compared to The Dark Knight in terms of violence and content. That's PG13

8 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Synopsis leaked on 4chan yesterday. Don't know if true but supposedly rating is PG-13 and there's indeed comedy in particular one scene inspired by a certain MCU movie.

4chan, known place where nobody ever makes shit uo for attention. I'll take a link just to laugh about how fake it must be.

There was just wondering for Spider-Man that entirely hinged around something that was debunked almost instantly

8 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Synopsis leaked on 4chan yesterday. Don't know if true but supposedly rating is PG-13 and there's indeed comedy in particular one scene inspired by a certain MCU movie.

It wasn't inspired by an MCU movie but another Marvel movie.

9 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

More like 500M+

Spider-man is huge os and even outside MCU Venom commands certain amount of pedigree. It's aesthetics are similar to spiderman. I don't think smh's 540-550 like OS is on cards but 150 less than that for 400 seems doable.

Dom could go as high as Ant2 numbers with say 84 ow, 2.6x multi.

Disappointed about PG-13 though. Was hoping R-rated Venom could follow up with R-rated showdown with Carnage. Not a PG-13 showdown with Spider-man.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I want Venom to end up #3 SH movie of the year just to watch heads explode. :Venom: It already has a great emoji and I bet it'll be memetastic.

You think it has a shot though?

1. IW

2. BP

3. DP 2

4. Antman 2

5. Aquaman

It has to beat DP 2 at the box office, shouldn't be too difficult.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I want Venom to end up #3 SH movie of the year just to watch heads explode. :Venom: It already has a great emoji and I bet it'll be memetastic.

You're talking just live action right? Because as much as I love venom, I see no way this goes over 600m Dom lol not even sure I see over DP2. Can see over AM&TW though. I think Venom and Halloween are both going to be mega hits for October.