Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The whole thing with Venom having to be rated R has been silly to me. With Wolverine and even Deadpool it kinda makes sense that they could be R. But Venom? No.

Venom has as much R rated potential as Wolverine and Deadpool, if not more. Dark atmosphere and humor, body horror stuff, scary giant monster who eats people, rips them apart and tortures its host, I mean it's so obvious.

Edited by Firepower

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Venom has as much R rated potential as Wolverine and Deadpool, if not more. Dark atmosphere and humor, body horror stuff, scary giant monster who eats people, rips them apart and tortures its host, I mean it's so obvious.

Yea but I think people are concerned about Venom's potential integration with Spiderman which is a PG13 character.

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The whole thing with Venom having to be rated R has been silly to me. With Wolverine and even Deadpool it kinda makes sense that they could be R. But Venom? No.

People still have this mentality that "R-rating = better". It sounds cool to say, which is why people say it. But it doesnt make much sense once you think things through, which alot of people arent willing to do.

1 hour ago, Crainy said:

People still have this mentality that "R-rating = better". It sounds cool to say, which is why people say it. But it doesnt make much sense once you think things through, which alot of people arent willing to do.

I think the general argument is that if this movie had an R-rating, it would’ve been much more likely to actually stand out from most of the other superhero movies out there. This movie honestly looks fairly generic as it is, and a PG-13 rating isn’t going to help in that regard. It’s like with Suicide Squad. While an R-rating alone wouldn’t have made that movie good, it would’ve given them the chance to actually take advantage of the premise of the film (where the main characters are supposed to be bad guys), which would’ve at least helped make the movie feel like less of a wannabe Guardians of the Galaxy. 

Its not about some mentality. They hyped up the project as R rated when it was first announced so it's not surprising people are disappointed Sony chickened out. Logan and Deadpool made huge bank because they were R rated with decent budgets and people felt this would follow those movies rather than another PG 13 superhero flick. 

Should get a nice OW regardless. 

On 9/14/2018 at 10:18 AM, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Its not about some mentality. They hyped up the project as R rated when it was first announced so it's not surprising people are disappointed Sony chickened out. Logan and Deadpool made huge bank because they were R rated with decent budgets and people felt this would follow those movies rather than another PG 13 superhero flick. 

Should get a nice OW regardless. 

I love your avatar. Office Space is awesome 

• Thanks 1