Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

11 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Muted Friday increase + weaker than normal Saturday increase + better than expected Sunday drop?

This movie don't give a fuck what it does except fucking with us.

Pretty much basically.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah fanboys have been seeing this movie at a pace I have not seen since TFA.

Until the IW fanboys see it 10+ times, the obsessives in the Love, Simon thread will continue to scoff at them and question their loyalty and fandom.

• Astonished 1

The fact the fanbase seems to think IW is a great movie and likely the TOP MCU film, makes me doubt Avengers 4 will drop much at all.

Maybe 10% drop domestic and WW. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 hour ago, Giesi said:

Damn, TFA‘s domestic 2nd weekend record won‘t be broken for a looooong time.

This year definitely not (As Deadpool 2, Solo, Incredibles and JW are probably the only films that have a decent shot to open above that). Next year I doubt it too as TLK won't open big enough and legs might be strong, but I doubt they are that incredible strong and SW IX won't open high enough too and has X-Mas day and boxing day on Wednesday and Thursday and if IW didn't come close I doubt A4 will.

No idea about any films coming out in 2020 apart from Avatar 2 which has the same constellation as TFA (Avatar) so if James Cameron works his magic again and makes an absolutely visually crazy and emotional film, that film has a chance, but I am not certain that it's that high.

But on the other hand who thought before the Trailer for IW dropped that IW would have a higher Opening Weekend than TFA.

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

115?  That’s only 4 more million than BP. Not numbers that us fans were hoping for.  

Theres no middle ground on BOT, its either breaking out or crumbling

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
  • Astonished 1

12 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

43 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah fanboys have been seeing this movie at a pace I have not seen since TFA.

Until the IW fanboys see it 10+ times, the obsessives in the Love, Simon thread will continue to scoff at them and question their loyalty and fandom.

Or, you could let fans be fans in their own way, without it being a competition, says the girl who saw Love, Simon three times and has seen Avengers: Infinity War six.  Just a thought :)

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Or, you could let fans be fans in their own way, without it being a competition, says the girl who saw Love, Simon three times and has seen Avengers: Infinity War six.  Just a thought :)

Six times? I am going tomorrow for 4th viewing and I thought I am a bit too fervent...

guys do you think some disney exectutives or marvel scout times to times on BIG opening week end this forum? to see the evolution of the week end? i know they have access to raw data i assume but who knows? :)

1 minute ago, Bonenash said:

guys do you think some disney exectutives or marvel scout times to times on BIG opening week end this forum? to see the evolution of the week end? i know they have access to raw data i assume but who knows? :)

I’m sure some Disney intern is disguised as one of us 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Related image

That makes zero sense.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, justvision said:

Six times? I am going tomorrow for 4th viewing and I thought I am a bit too fervent...

Yup.  And I haven't even broken into the comp tickets I've been hoarding yet.  Just waiting for the ticket to go off "No Passes".

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Sunday strong hold for 2 consecutive weeks suggest that IW is a Christian film.

Should have release it during Easter...Passion of the Christ's legs confirmed!

I wonder if the film is skewing older.

My sister who finds the MCU a bit childish said she really liked this one. 

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Yup.  And I haven't even broken into the comp tickets I've been hoarding yet.  Just waiting for the ticket to go off "No Passes".

My brother has movie pass and has had to buy tickets for other movies to see IW 4 times. He said he purchased BP and Wrinkle to keep it in the Disney family. Maybe that's why BP has remained stable?