kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

6 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

Endgame is better for me, emotional stuff always hits me the hardest.

Same. IW to me lost the emotion. I knew FFH was coming out before I saw IW which meant the to be continued ending wasn't the finale. Versus in EG perhaps there will be more twists but it feels more final.

I can't wait to see FFH (way more so now) to see how everyone is doing. Infinity War may annoy me on some things but to others it's a masterpiece. Visually it's #1 for me and the villain is soooo good. Say compared to CM which had a "happier" ending was not in the same league.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

57 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

That ending is one of the major reason for EG doing what it is doing. Ofcourse Infinity War is much much much better film.

I think that each is brilliant in it's own way. 

Infinity War is one of the best, if not the best, CBM I've ever seen. 

Endgame doesn't quite reach that greatness, but it did give me way more glee than Infinity War considering that one was a bit of a downer even if brilliant. 

Each delivered amazingly on what it set out to do. 

Taken together, they are an amazing achievement, and thus have earned their lofty numbers. 

Side note: I also thought Avatar was brilliant in it's own way, and also deserves the box office it has. 

• Like 6

I think both movies are great and IW set the bar very high couple with that ending but Endgame has got better reception imo look at everywhere especially China... IW is an adrenaline rush while Endgame connects with people... Both are incredible and complete each other whether you like first or latter doesn't matter...

Edited by Nero
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, danhtruong5 said:

It seems that BO update the number of EG in VN based on the number on BOVN website. But the problem is BOVN has been lacking one part of the gross since the first or second week (the mod admitted it).

Only Box Office Mojo uses that. Disney figures should come directly from CGV.

5 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Only Box Office Mojo uses that. Disney figures should come directly from CGV.

But the number of BO Mojo will be used as an official final gross, right? Hope Disney/CGV in Vietnam will send the real number to BO Mojo...

The current gross displayed on BOVN website is ~260B, so the real number should be ~280B now, right? Or higher?

4 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

But the number of BO Mojo will be used as an official final gross, right?

No. Box Office Mojo is an unofficial site, any errors they have don’t affect the official numbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Infinity War and Endgame complement each other, I don't think it's as simple for me as one film is better easily because they work together very well. That said, Endgame is a (slightly) more impactful experience for me due to that amazing third act which IW couldn't quite match despite having a great third act of its own.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, danhtruong5 said:

But the number of BO Mojo will be used as an official final gross, right? Hope Disney/CGV in Vietnam will send the real number to BO Mojo...

The current gross displayed on BOVN website is ~260B, so the real number should be ~280B now, right? Or higher?

300B+ already. Mojo is just an independent website. The official total will always be sent out by the studios.

34 minutes ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

300B+ already. Mojo is just an independent website. The official total will always be sent out by the studios.

300B+ already? Really? I didn't think its at this speed. Do you remember the final gross of IW in VN? I think its already 50% higher than IW.

Whoever trashes A:IW's ending AND praises Endgame should realise that this ending was what A:IW "sacrificed" in terms of somewhat controversial/shocked/disbelieved reception (to this ending) that somewhat affected its repeat viewings/WOM/BO, but on the other hand contributed massively to the hype/great stake/desire not to be spoiled which in turn led to massive opening of Endgame.

For me A:IW is 9.0-9.1/10 overall. Rigorously for me Endgame is 8.0-8.5/10, but the emotional factor and the end of an era feeling lifts it up to 8.8/10 overall.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Menor said:

Infinity War and Endgame complement each other, I don't think it's as simple for me as one film is better easily because they work together very well. That said, Endgame is a (slightly) more impactful experience for me due to that amazing third act which IW couldn't quite match despite having a great third act of its own.

This !

As some critic said, IW is the brawn while EG is the brain. 

To me, IW because of the structure of the movie : relentless chase, somber thriller, a bit like the Terminator was really entertaining while its follow up, the resolution was more emotional because it focuses on the characters, the emotions.

I can't separate the two.  They are two parts of the same movie.  The first part focusing on the chase, the other focusing on the dealing of the  consequences, the aftermath, the pain.  One was bound to be more rhytmic and punchy while the other more emotional and reminiscence of all the journey leading to it.

It's like seeing one movie where the punchy part is all concentrated on the first part, while the second part focuses on more calm moments where you can breath, reminisce and get into emotional nostalgia.

I don't see how we can separte the two from one another.   I will always put them together in any ranking. 

IW+EG are the highlights and the best movie of the Infinity Saga.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Nah IW had a shit ending, instilled less emotion in comparison and way too fast.

Amazing fight scenes, nonstop action, grander on scale than EG, and a glorious villain but nope not a chance imo. That ending was literally a "to be continued" of a tv episode.

IW's ending was literally the best ending ever for a SH movie. it likely won't be ever reached again. Silent athmosfere, the feeling something is about to happen, than half of the people turning into dust right in front of the others' disbelief, Peter dying under the eyes of a powerless Iron Man, the inner sensation you did all the fight for nothing - and in parallel the quick dialogue of Thanos with little Gamora, and the last 10 second of Thanos sitting in front of a grateful universe (driven by a perfect music). If you think the ending is shit, the problem is just yours.

Endgame is utterly derivative, and mostly flat. Also, aside from Cap's dance at the very end, the emotions in the last 10/15 minutes are the ones you can find on the shelves of a supermarket. And this is probably why people actually like it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, justvision said:

Whoever trashes A:IW's ending AND praises Endgame should realise that this ending was what A:IW "sacrificed" in terms of somewhat controversial/shocked/disbelieved reception (to this ending) that somewhat affected its repeat viewings/WOM/BO, but on the other hand contributed massively to the hype/great stake/desire not to be spoiled which in turn led to massive opening of Endgame.

For me A:IW is 9.0-9.1/10 overall. Rigorously for me Endgame is 8.0-8.5/10, but the emotional factor and the end of an era feeling lifts it up to 8.8/10 overall.

I agree but the ending knocks IW down to 8.5. for me I rarely ever like part 1 movies more. They are supposed to set the 2nd part and by that virtue are lesser anyways.

IW with less nonstop pace, more emotion and a better ending would absolutely be better imo. But it didn't have that.

Best of all it seems like IW really resonated for some fans and many liked EG more. They did a fantastic job creating two parts with overall different tones.

Edited by cdsacken