That One Girl

Weekend Thread | Wknd #'s A:IW 61.8, LOTP 18.5, BI 16.5, OB 10.1, AQP 6.4, IFP 3.7, R 3.4, T 2.2

Hmmm.... who's saying that it won't top Black Panther? :kitschjob:

And let me say this: @MCKillswitch123 is right: Black Panther could very likely top Infinity War, but am I the only one that is sort of having enough of @Thrylos 7 making these threads about himself? I mean, c'mon dude. we get it. You think Infinity War is underperforming, regardless how hillarious wrong you are, we get it. It's not this thread that you are making it personal, it's literally all the dailies. 

Here's what I think: even if Infinity War perform slightly below Black Panther during some weekends, it will keep operating very closely to that throughout its entire run, and since Infinity War is way ahead of Black Panther, I think Infinity War's probability of keeping it ahead is very high. I think Panther will be able to cross $700m but not much after that. Infinity War though? I think it'll fall around $720m-$750m. With the rest of the OS and China numbers, I do think that $2B WW and topping Titanic is still an avaliable target. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It must be trolling. At least GraceRandolph is pretty easy to assume as a troll; this guy though I presumed would have better sense than acting like a movie making the type of money IW is making is a fucking disappointment. Who in their right mind would see 660M+ (at least) DOM and 2B WW as a Goddamn disappointment for this movie? Most people thought it would be a stretch to make 600M DOM period, and noooobody saw 2B WW coming. Did Black Panther really make everyone that greedy or did the fanboys just delude themselves into thinking this would beat TFA DOM just because it broke the OW record in April, while TFA did it just before Christmas in December? Jesus Christ.

More to the point, it’s 3 weeks into its run and is about to cross 1.6bn WW.  3 weeks and it’s made more money than any other superhero/comic book movie.  Such horribleness.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Hmmm.... who's saying that it won't top Black Panther? :kitschjob:

And let me say this: @MCKillswitch123 is right: Black Panther could very likely top Infinity War, but am I the only one that is sort of having enough of @Thrylos 7 making these threads about himself? I mean, c'mon dude. we get it. You think Infinity War is underperforming, regardless how hillarious wrong you are, we get it. It's not this thread that you are making it personal, it's literally all the dailies. 

Here's what I think: even if Infinity War perform slightly below Black Panther during some weekends, it will keep operating very closely to that throughout its entire run, and since Infinity War is way ahead of Black Panther, I think Infinity War's probability of keeping it ahead is very high. I think Panther will be able to cross $700m but not much after that. Infinity War though? I think it'll fall around $720m-$750m. With the rest of the OS and China numbers, I do think that $2B WW and topping Titanic is still an avaliable target. 

giphy.gif

In case you haven’t noticed I never post about myself. It’s people that get offended easily, just check my FIRST post in this thread, it a simple “BP will start gaining huge, TA had a better 3rd weekend” and then we had riots. I am trying to end this and then you come and continuing it, why not post your own opinion without even mentioning me at all ? 

Edited by Thrylos 7

1..) Avengers: Infinity War (DIS), 4,474 theaters  / $15.5M Fri (-50%)/3-day: $60M (-48%)/Total: $546M/ Wk 3

2..) Life of the Party (NL/WB), 3,656 theaters  / $4.95M Fri (includes $700k previews) /3-day: $17.9M /Wk 1

3..) Breaking In (Uni), 2,537 theaters  / $4.3M Fri (includes $615K previews) /3-day: $14.4M /Wk 1

4..) Overboard (MGM/LG), 2,006 theaters (+383)  / $2M Fri (-58%)/3-day: $8.8M (-40%) /Total: $28.3M/Wk 2

5..) A Quiet Place (PAR), 3,144 theaters (-269)  / $1.8M Fri (-22%) /3-day: $6.1M (-21%) /Total: $169.2M/Wk 6

6..) I Feel Pretty (STX), 2,858 theaters (-374)  / $915K Fri (-44%)/3-day: $3.5M /Total: $43.6M/ Wk 4

7..) Rampage (NL/WB), 2,548 theaters (-603)  / $750K Fri (-35%)/3-day: $3.1M (-34%) /Total: $89.4M/Wk 5

8..) Tully (FOC), 1,356 theaters (+3) / $569k Fri (-51%)/3-day: $2.35M (-28%) /Total: $7.1M/ Wk 2

9..) Black Panther (DIS), 1,370 theaters (-271)  / $547K Fri (-41%) / 3-day: $2.1M (-33%)/Total: $696.4M/Wk 13

10..) Blockers (UNI), 1,111 theaters (-561) / $319K Fri (-42%) /3-day: $1.05M (-40%)/Total: $58.1M/Wk 6

Notables:

Mahanti (UN), 180 theaters  / $275k Fri /3-day: $1M /Wk 1

Raazi (UN), 160 theaters  / $275k Fri /3-day: $976K /Wk 1

Bad Samaritan… (EL) 1,546 theaters (-461) / $161K Fri (-75%) /3-day: $558K (-68%)/Total: $3.1M /Wk 2

The Seagull (SPC), 6 theaters  / $28k Fri /$16K PTA/3-day: $97K /Wk 1

Beast (RSA), 4 theaters  / $15k Fri /$12,2K PTA/3-day: $49K /Wk 1

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • ...wtf 1

45 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Don’t care to make this thread personal and derail it further. MY OPINION , not passing BP in the u.s and TFA WW is disappointing , the end.

Okay, so understand it's your (slightly irrational/emotional) opinion and don't post disappointment every day for numbers that are good, even really good, for the movie.  At this point, I think everyone on this board knows you're disappointed.  

To many, your posts are becoming like Chicken Little posting "the sky is falling" every day - eventually you'll just get ignored, and then the valuable, objective feedback you certainly have on other movies will go unheard.  And who wants to be unheard on a message board?

• Thanks 1

UPDATED, SATURDAY 5:54AM: Summer will be back in full swing next weekend with 20th Century Fox/Marvel’s Deadpool 2 which is expected to reignite the box office with $130M-$150M, but until then we have Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War which is enjoying its third weekend at No. 1 with a 3-day of $60M, not to mention it’s the second-fastest title to $500M at the domestic B.O. in 15 days. That’s a day earlier than Star Wars: The Last Jedi (16 days) and five days later than Star Wars: The Force Awakens (10 days) to that benchmark.  By Sunday with an estimated $546M stateside, Infinity War will be pacing 26% behind Force Awakens ($742.2M at that time) and 6% ahead of Last Jedi ($517.2M). Due to these comps it’s for that reason why many analysts see Infinity War‘s end game, especially with all the blockbusters coming up, somewhere around $650M. 

http://deadline.com/2018/05/life-of-the-party-breaking-in-melissa-mccarthy-will-packer-avengers-infinity-war-box-office-1202387487/

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Okay, so understand it's your (slightly irrational/emotional) opinion and don't post disappointment every day for numbers that are good, even really good, for the movie.  At this point, I think everyone on this board knows you're disappointed.  

To many, your posts are becoming like Chicken Little posting "the sky is falling" every day - eventually you'll just get ignored, and then the valuable, objective feedback you certainly have on other movies will go unheard.  And who wants to be unheard on a message board?

Nope I will post my opinion on the numbers whenever I want, this mob mentality that people are trying to enforce isn’t affecting me one bit. I am not insulting anyone personally, I usually don’t respond to personal insults and will continue to post my opinion on things , esp. things as harmless as the box office run of a film.

9 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

In case you haven’t noticed I never post about myself. It’s people that get offended easily, just check my FIRST post in this thread, it a simple “BP will start gaining huge, TA had a better 3rd weekend” and then we had riots. I am trying to end this and then you come and continuing it, why not post your own opinion without even mentioning me at all ? 

Can you just stop the drama? For real. Not sure if there's something lost in translation, but honestly, no one gives a fuck about your predictions. And by that I mean that your contribuitions are treasured as much as anyone else here, nothing more, nothing less. And it's nothing personal against you, it's just that this is pointless. The numbers are amazing, and what you are doing is the very definition of poison the well. Don't say we haven't warned you.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Haha 1

Really weird to me how some people can’t just let others be disspointed and move on without comment, rather than spending a bunch of time trying to change a subjective personal experience and then complaining that the thread is cluttered — even though the people saying “you shouldn’t be disappointed” take up way more space than a couple people who say “I’m disappointed.”  

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

So, this Deadline paragraph was very interesting...and I think maybe pretty smart...comedies (and rom coms) have been (mostly) hammered in recent years - why couldn't they be done Blumhouse cheaper with possible back end for the stars for theatrical revenue achievement levels...then we might have a lot more profitable (and good) ones...and we might not see them die away like rom coms have...

"I’ve been told that comedies could never be made in the same fashion as the Blumhouse titles due to the marquee nature of the genre with stars. But if the star system has collapsed, and if comedic actors want their fare to live on the big screen, then perhaps making these titles on a true shoe-string budget with more back-end is the way to go. Another challenge frequently heard about comedies: By the time a film is greenlit and opens, much has changed in regards to moviegoers’ sense of humor. The solution? Make comedies faster. Or else they’re destined to get lost on a Netflix menu."

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Premium George said:

People quoting thrylos with long paragraphs are as frustrating as him. Just Ignore him.

that's why i think that it should cost 1 or more likes to quote someone :lol:, then people will only quote if the post is worth replying to or poster is reputable or you add something relevant/funny/non-toxic enough to garner a few reactions and make up for the cost of quoting.

• Like 1