ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

15 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Bewildered that this is getting worse reviews than the Black Widow.  

Still in awe of how that movie got a 79 RT

I don't really understand the hate BW has garnered here. It's a completely fine film with good performances across the board and basically follows the Marvel formula to a tee. A fun film with some really good action and performances. Is it the most memorable film to come out during the summer? No, but it does its job well. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I guess when your average films average, what, 84-85% on RT, something in the 60-70s can really set the Internet ablaze!

Reviews really do seem kind of all over the map.  The sense I'm getting from browsing a few of them is that if you get invested in the thematic elements the film is going for, you stay engaged even with the slow pace, and, if not, you're kind of bored.

Seems like a film with enough to chew on that I predict in 3 to 4 years we will see headlines like: "Is Eternals the Most Underrated MCU Film!?!"

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Noctis said:

I don't really understand the hate BW has garnered here. It's a completely fine film with good performances across the board and basically follows the Marvel formula to a tee. A fun film with some really good action and performances. Is it the most memorable film to come out during the summer? No, but it does its job well. 

I guess I cant agree that the action was good. I enjoyed Florence and David, but did not other performances. I found Ray Winstone not good (an actor I normally really enjoy). 

I have not followed any of this, but outside the Nolan-Tarantino-Spielberg level of people or the small negative pick-up deal affair, it must be rare to be an absence of tension between creative element on a giant movie project, how much they become a story and how they are spin will be very very much influenced by the end result.

Just look at Marvel forcing the diner scene in BW, if that scene would have failed, the story about forcing that on the director and Johansson would have been quite different.

Same for everything JJAbrams pushed on Cloverfield and turned out to be outstanding hindsight, I thought the early Netflix production and how fast they became has involved if not more in the creative and production process would have been the end that the tension between clear audience demand and preference expressed by a studio and a movie director is in general really good, specially for director that are not very money oriented with a 20% gross point like Cameron.

Has for the Oscar win speculation..... that is such easy claim to make (Like Brie Larson getting the role because she won the Oscar, when it became can explicit that she was casted a long time before it and was kept secret for a year)

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ryaner90 said:

Yes, I'm sure when you tweeted the first thing, you did not expect that kind of reaction at all...

I look forward to your future tweets being fully explained and not tweeting out one piece of info and holding out on another piece of info until you see the reaction your first tweet gets. I'm sure you won't ever do something like that again as you have now learned you shouldn't do something like that as this is your first time....

Very sure you wont do it again...

Here's what happens to me when a tweet like this goes out:

I immediately get flooded with DMs asking me for more information which I can't provide.

I immediately get a bunch of people calling me an idiot because they're defensive of a movie they haven't seen yet.

Let's assume I just put out that initial tweet with no clarification (seven whole minutes) after. What exactly do I gain from that? I don't have a platform that makes money. I don't have a name that needs bigger "reach". And forgive me, but a couple hundred strangers liking my tweet doesn't exactly make my day.

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Black Widow was not a movie. It was a 2 hour sloppy advertisement for a movie that already existed. :sparta:

And I really liked the character. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

18 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

I love when I post something, immediately clarify that I'm not sure if it's true because the timeline the source provided doesn't match up with information from leaks, and people are like "idk if VA's information is gonna hold up 🤔"

So my statement was in fact not inaccurate?

1 minute ago, belblazer said:

I know she isn't reliable, but I wonder if what Grace said about NWH and DS2 is true after the reception for this movie.

But she didn’t say anything about Eternals being poor did she?

She doesn’t know anything let’s be honest.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Which was?

She said they're struggling with edit (probably make the story flows well), DS2 especially and that's one of the reasons for the delay, but she said so far is nothing to be afraid of, especially since they give time to correct some things instead of rushing it.

Edited by ThomasNicole