ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Frankly I didn't like the pace from day 2 onward but I was hoping it is due to busy current market with films doing well.

that probably was tha case, but idk based on what i saw from the thread it seems that the noticable problem at least started from 4-5 days ago or so, when the reviews dropped and the movie didnt get a bump.

Spidey will be successful anyway even if it’s a mess. Eternals…

I’ve seen a lot of people say they are finished with the MCU after Endgame felt like a natural ending point.

Cant say I disagree but I think Marvel has to find it’s groove again sooner rather than later.

Also: Even though he worked on Black Panther, Nate Moore has been the producer Feige has assigned to work on Eternals and Falcon & Winter Solider. Likely the two weakest Phase 4 properties…

Edited by exomassey
  • Like 2

I have a bad feeling that both, Spidey and Multiverse of Madness are going to end up being be a mess. Overstuffed, with incoherent plots, filled with very much in your face fan services to the maximum level and to the point that it will feel nauseted. 

Hope I'm wrong tho and they will be great, but I don’t have high hopes. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

I have a bad feeling that both, Spidey and Multiverse of Madness are going to end up being be a mess. Overstuffed, with incoherent plots, filled with very much in your face fan services to the maximum level and to the point that it will feel nauseted.

Sounds like guaranteed 90+% on RT, or at least 80%.

I see that this forum has handled reviews well after the initial reaction. I’m only going to say this once. Film Twitter is not the kingpin of the film side of Twitter nor is all the opinions of Film Twitter the same. I’m not even sure most critics on RT are avid film Twitter people, at best they represent a small side of the critic world. Hell, everything besides Eternals MCU wise this year has mostly gotten strong reviews. Saying that oh there was bias cause this group didn’t like it and that’s the sole reason why it is doing badly is the same BS the DCEU fanboys did back in 2016 when Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad got bad reviews as the critics had a Synder/DCEU vendetta and acted like they didn’t care about reviews anymore. And I find it hilarious that some of the people who called them out on it are doing the same BS.

Sometimes a movie doesn’t click and sometimes the pieces don’t form the way they wanted. Some thought it wasn’t ambitious enough to truly ambitious enough to divert from the MCU formula as it was hyped up, and some found it didn’t scratch the itch that they like from the MCU and you know what, it’s okay. It’s okay that some people just don’t like the MCU, because to be honest why does it matter. 

And to add to another point, maybe sometimes a film gets a high rating because people really liked it. Ffs I think FFH is easily one of the worst blockbusters of the past decade but I’m not going to say there was obvious critic bias because “they loved a movie I hated and everyone else must be wrong and I’m right.” It’s a likeable movie for the majority of people that doesn’t click with me. I may meme about it a bit but I know I’m probably in the minority. Rotten Tomatoes is not a score that means Film A got x/100 or said film is good or bad, it just means x% of critics liked it. I honestly wished there would be less obsession on the tomato and what percent it is.

• Like 5

I can’t agree here. 

The thing is at least No Way Home and MoM will probably be fun and exciting.

Eternals always looked like it was taking itself a bit too seriously.

Chadwick’s death is tragic but with Marvel still to introduce characters like X Men, Blade and Fantastic Four, they will be fine. They just need to find their groove again.

GIVE ME LIVE ACTION GALACTUS!

1 hour ago, exomassey said:

Spidey will be successful anyway even if it’s a mess. Eternals…

I’ve seen a lot of people say they are finished with the MCU after Endgame felt like a natural ending point.

Cant say I disagree but I think Marvel has to find it’s groove again sooner rather than later.

Also: Even though he worked on Black Panther, Nate Moore has been the producer Feige has assigned to work on Eternals and Falcon & Winter Solider. Likely the two weakest Phase 4 properties…

To add to a point, I do think MCU fatigue may come sooner rather than later. I’m not saying all the films will flopped or won’t get any critical acclaim but I think oversaturation will become a problem. The MCU pre Phase 4, did at most 3 films a year, now we’re looking at anywhere from 4-5 films a year in conjunction with 5-6 movie length TV shows a year, that’s like 9 pieces of media a year at the minimum, I feel like criticisms may be exacerbated because of it. 

7 minutes ago, Firepower said:

I'm with you here, although it's equally both Homecoming and FFH for me :)

I actually liked Homecoming but the point is not so much I disliked the film but that RT isn’t a x/100, but a percentage of who liked it. I dislike it but I understand why others do.

20 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Saying that oh there was bias cause this group didn’t like it and that’s the sole reason why it is doing badly is the same BS the DCEU fanboys did back in 2016 when Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad got bad reviews as the critics had a Synder/DCEU vendetta and acted like they didn’t care about reviews anymore. And I find it hilarious that some of the people who called them out on it are doing the same BS.

Congratulations, that straw man is well and truly beaten to death.

12 minutes ago, YourMother said:

To add to a point, I do think MCU fatigue may come sooner rather than later. I’m not saying all the films will flopped or won’t get any critical acclaim but I think oversaturation will become a problem. The MCU pre Phase 4, did at most 3 films a year, now we’re looking at anywhere from 4-5 films a year in conjunction with 5-6 movie length TV shows a year, that’s like 9 pieces of media a year at the minimum, I feel like criticisms may be exacerbated because of it. 

Very true.

Maybe Marvel is stretching itself too thin and in that they could lose what makes the MCU special.

I do gotta say, while I'm not the biggest MCU fan to begin with and I haven't seen Shang-Chi yet, the MCU this year has been absolutely miserable for me. NWH does not look like it'll help (mostly based on the previous two Spidey films), no clue about Hawkeye other than Renner and the character sucks, and Eternals... well we'll see about that.