Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

15 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Reminds me of that one r/boxoffice thread about the test screenings. So many people there were talking about how Disney will scrap DP. LOL.

Anyone who thinks Disney will ignore DP or replace Reynolds needs to get tested.

And Anyone who thinks a sub 700M WW gross for Deadpool 2 is good needs to look at the gross of other superhero movies.

• ...wtf 2

The fact that there are no big openers next weekend could help mitigate some drops. I can see:

Solo - $32.5m

DP2 - $20m

Adrift - $12m

A:IW - $10.5m

BC - $7m

AP - $6.5

Upgrade - $3m

LOTP - $2.8m

BI - $2.3m

AQP - $1.4m

No numbers for IW yet either. Maybe Disney is figuring out how to move some dollars here and there to get Solo over 100M 4-day at least lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, RealLyre said:

And Anyone who thinks a sub 700M WW gross for Deadpool 2 is good needs to look at the gross of other superhero movies.

And how many of these other Superhero movies are comedy sequels and rated R?

Are you an idiot or just trolling or both? Sorry, but it is is enraging to read this shit.

• Like 3

Just now, RealLyre said:

On a $110m budget, it's still going to be profitable. 

13 minutes ago, baumer said:

That's not why I said he's a troll.  Saying that DP probably won't make 300 million is fine and a rational thing to say.  Saying "Deadpool" is dead is a straight up troll comment.  

I didn’t say it was dead. I said it’s OVER. And by that I meant the chance at reaching 300M is over. 

20 minutes ago, Sam said:

Lol it’s not a good weekend drop for DP2 but whatever the total is, it’ll be a good and respectable gross.

Considering the floppage of Solo that is going on right now, it’s weird that some people have meltdowns over DP2 doing fine numbers. 

Deadpool stans melting down over normal performance lmao

• Like 2

Just now, Brainbug said:

And how many of these other Superhero movies are comedy sequels and rated R?

Are you an idiot or just trolling or both? Sorry, but it is is enraging to read this shit.

These sort of weekend always brings out the trolls

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

Haha I was being facetious when I said most of that stuff, I didn't know that you were being serious

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Yeah he is a bit excessive, Deadpool is not dead, the movie will be a big hit and even if Disney gets the fox characters they should keep the Deadpool franchise as it is, the character doesnt have potential as a straight MCU franchise esp. when marvel will have its hands full with franchises that have the potential to be billion dollar franchises like ff4 and the X-men . Even so that grace prandolph character, through his trolling ways, speaks the truth most of the time, at least in my opinion but hey i have been accused of being a troll (for...infinity war of all films :hahaha:) so I can sympathize.

So Deadpool is the biggest superhero franchise for FOX and you think Disney will want to concentrate more on Fantastic Four and X-men?  Why?  Do I really need to post the grosses for all the X-men and FF movies?  The highest grossing FF four movie WW is 330 million and that came out 13 years ago.  

The highest grossing X-men movie not including Deadpool is Days of Future Past with 750 million and that was with a budget double of Deadpool.  Deadpool 2 is going to land in the 650-700 range world wide.  So there's no reason for Fox to want to get rid of Deadpool.  And if Wolverine and DP ever make a film together, it will do well also.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

http://deadline.com/2018/05/solo-a-star-wars-weekend-box-office-1202397848/

83M 3 day, 101M 4 day for Solo

3rd Update Sunday AM: Refresh for updates Disney’s Solo: A Star Wars Story is crashing unfortunately with early morning industry estimates showing a three-day around $83.3M and possible four-day hopefully just over $101M. Disney will file their figures soon and we’ll update our report accordingly. The Solo stateside B.O. experience is reminiscent of Justice League, another fan movie that many had high hopes for heading into its weekend, only to see the film collapse.

tenor.gif?itemid=5221076