Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

I need to see Book Club. Diane Keaton is a legend and I love movies like First Wives club (which is supposed to be similar to book club) - makes me feel like an empowered woman. 

Edited by GraceRandolph

All Disney need to do is complete the Fox acquisition, put the Fox fanfare back in front of the Star Wars films and the fans won't care what follows after all the excitement of the Fox fanfare.

11 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I need to see Book Club. Diane Keaton is a legend and I love movies like First Wives club (which is supposed to be similar to book club) - makes me feel like an empowered woman. 

it's such a dull and generic film. You really don't need to see it. also Diane Keaton is rubbish in it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOOYAH SUCKAS said:

#notoursolo 

With a budget that's big they should have just done cgi over Alden's face to make him look like ford 

Ask the BR2049 team to do it?

It could have given Disney their first Oscar for a SW/MCU movie. :Venom:

17 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

predictions

Solo - 35.6 + 24.7 + 24.4 + 21.3 + 9.0 + 5.6 + 5.4 = 126.0

Deadpool - 12.1 + 15.9 + 15.4 + 12.1 + 6.0 + 4.0 + 3.6 = 218.4

Avengers - 4.3 + 6.6 + 6.6 + 5.0 + 1.7 + 1.2 + 1.1 = 631.60

Book Club - 2.7 + 3.6 + 3.8 + 2.6 + 2.1 + 1.5 + 1.4 = 40.1

predicted totals after Thursday based on refined Monday # and a Sat/Sat PTA % declines applied to and rounded from last Tuesdays corresponding numbers.

Life of the Party - 42.2

Show Dogs - 12.7

Breaking In - 39.2

Overboard - 43.0

A Quiet Place - 181.5

Rampage - 94.4

Black Panther - 698.95

I Feel Pretty - 47.97

If you take a look at this here, I have included production budgets and worldwide current cumulations for the following films listed above:

Solo $250 - 168.00

Deadpool $110 - 499.4

Infinity War $312 - 1,909.4

Book Club $10 - 34.88

Life of the Party $30 - 46.8

Breaking In $6 - 39.3

Show Dogs $5.5 - 13.4

Overboard $12 - 54.9

A Quiet Place $21 - 312.5

Rampage $120 - 413.0

Black Panther $210 - 1,344.7

I Feel Pretty $32 - 47.8

from the following data above, Life of the Party and I Feel Pretty will have to multiply what they currently have worldwide to find a significant return that The Book Club, Overboard, and Breaking In have seen.  Show Dogs will need at least double what it has to shield from possible marketing strategies in the tens of millions .  A Quiet Place has conquered the horror film box office market this year.  The hundred million or so Rampage might have spent towards marketing itself and releasing to theaters should find a break even point there...  $120 budget, a little over 3x that worldwide.  Same with Ready Player One.  Black Panther and Infinity War show strength and guarantee with paying audiences that should help to supply different directions with the film base continuity. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The QUEEN has spoken:

So many hot takes.  All the hot takes. 

December has less competition?  DCEU? 

Leonardo DiCaprio has never faltered?  

Kathleen Kennedy has ruined Star Wars?

Anecdotal story about bored theater?

Fans boycotted Solo for the sole reason of telling Kathleen Kennedy fuck you and they are going to boo her at the Star Wars Celebration?

You think they delayed the Star Wars Celebration to see if anyone is going to show up to the new theme parks?

Maybe someone should make an actual RBG movie?  Oh, you mean like the one Mimi Leder already shot starring Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer that comes out in a few months?

Listen, I get shit wrong and was intentionally optimistic on Solo, but fuckity fuck on this hot take video.  At least I had a good laugh.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

I have never heard of this person.  Watch this video and facepalm about a dozen times.  

Look her up on YouTube and each video averages about 100k views???????????

There are some really stupid people out there in the world.  

• Like 9

Just now, EmpireCity said:

I have never heard of this person.  Watch this video and facepalm about a dozen times.  

Look her up on YouTube and each video averages about 100k views???????????

There are some really stupid people out there in the world.  

I would love to see a box officer Youtuber who actually knew what the heck they were talking about and didn't let pettiness get in the way of analyzing the numbers.

• Like 1

Has an entire YouTube channel breaking down Tinseltown behind the scenes every single day.  

Posts a video today noting RBG grosses and declares someone should make an actual RBG movie.  

She is completely unaware a RBG movie was filmed months ago with a name director and name stars. 

Wow.  

Edited by EmpireCity
  • Like 3

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I would love to see a box officer Youtuber who actually knew what the heck they were talking about and didn't let pettiness get in the way of analyzing the numbers.

The Charting with Dan Show on Screen Junkies News is pretty good

• ...wtf 1

24 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The QUEEN has spoken:

oh no, you bad opinion-haver got a youtube channel as well. Why do so many of the weirdos on here make all these videos, literally no one cares, even writing more than 2 sentences on the forum is pushing it to be honest.

24 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The QUEEN has spoken:

"I went to see it with friends again and they were so bored. Everyone in the theater was so bored. Kathleen Kennedy managed to ruin Star Wars." 

I swear watching that video felt like reading through this weekend thread :rofl:

• Haha 1