Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Going just by my impression of the movies honestly both BP's heights and Showman's 20x multi make more sense to me than Jumanji's legs.

How is that? TGS was a muscial based on the circus, which just went out of business because it was so irrelevant, starring not one but two box office poison leads (sorry Hugh was B.O. poison outside of Wolvie before TGS). Jumanji was a humorous family adventure film for the holidays starring The Rock. The latter makes far more sense for great legs than the former. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

99% of people didn't predict 700mil for Black Panther. As a matter of fact it had a bunch of loud detractors who thought that it would under perform because it had a majority black cast. Claiming that it was expected is revisionist history at it's finest. 

nobody said it was expected.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

I know it may seem like a joke, but SW Youtubers do have a lot of influence on the fanbase. 

the views probably accumulate because of the 'how to tutorials' to explain all the behind the scenes like Alien: Covenant.  I'm sure the Wikipedia page gets a lot of view too, but it doesn't explain much into the expanded universe.  SW fans know the franchise enough to like what they see for themselves IMO.

7 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

We get it you have posted about 10000 times about why you don’t like IW. The fact that you worship black panther AND the f&f franchise shows the agenda you have and what you seek first when watching films.

I don't hate Infinity War at all or have any agenda. I'd say Infinity War is a solid 7/10. It says something about you that people can't like those movies without having an "agenda" more than it says anything about me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

its box office run truly was The Greatest Show! it was Never Enough for that movie! it flopped at first but to see its run Come Alive was incredible! never in A Million Dreams could i have imagined it would be such a hit. From Now On i'll never underestimate circus musicals again! 

You even brought the bastard child of the soundtrack into that post! What a Tightrope :jeb!: 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

speaking of Jumanji I am shocked the director hasn't been given a Star Wars movie. Son of Lawrence Kasdan and delivered an enormous hit on a modest 90m budget. 

He'll replace whichever director is fired next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

this is me is the worst song. it feels kinda random when it pops up in the movie too, partially because the movie only decides to give a shit about the freaks for that one scene. we're in the middle of hugh jackman deciding whether or not he wants to cheat on his wife here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

How is that? TGS was a muscial based on the circus, which just went out of business because it was so irrelevant, starring not one but two box office poison leads (sorry Hugh was B.O. poison outside of Wolvie before TGS). Jumanji was a humorous family adventure film for the holidays starring The Rock. The latter makes far more sense for great legs than the former. 

Like I said I'm speaking more in hindsight. If you showed me TGS and then told me its box office story I would say okay that's pretty insane but I can sorta see how that could happen because the movie is such a shamelessly aggressive feelgood delivery machine it practically makes an art out of it. I see why people would want to experience it again. Jumanji to me is such a basic, whatever movie even now I have trouble understanding how it had those legs post-holidays. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

also just noticed Solo might not be able to outgross Terminator Genitals 440m gross as highest grossing Emilia Clarke movie

That would be the cherry on top, but I think it can get to 450M

jumanji is for sure the blandest movie to do $400m+ business. comedy films are definitely in a dire state because people went fucking nuts for a movie that half delivers on a mildly funny premise.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Like I said I'm speaking more in hindsight. If you showed me TGS and then told me its box office story I would say okay that's pretty insane but I can sorta see how that could happen because the movie is such a shamelessly aggressive feelgood delivery machine it practically makes an art out of it. I see why people would want to experience it again. Jumanji to me is such a basic, whatever movie even now I have trouble understanding how it had those legs post-holidays. 

I guess to me anytime a movie positions itself as a family film at the holidays, great legs are never surprising. The Grinch and Night at the Museum had insane legs and I think both are pretty bad. But I totally get it.