Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

46 minutes ago, nevermore said:

I think she used to interview actors before. In any case I don't believe her entire income comes from youtube.

She used to work for Warner Bros. I think she does mostly press interviews now. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Star Wars with 3 movies made more than the DCEU with 5:sparta:

And in 2018,  Solo (arguably the biggest SW character) is bombing harder than any DCEU movie - despite having a decent rotten score and the media on its side trying to cover up the embarrassment. The fact that the DCEU never failed as hard with a movie even while being repeatedly lynched by everything and everyone.  Kinda goes to show how weak the Star Wars brand has become. The DCEU could afford to release 4 horrible movies while Star Wars killed itself with ONE (TLJ).  :Venom:

Edited by GraceRandolph

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Just came back from watching Solo.  I enjoyed it.  It was a fun romp and I liked it more than TFA or Rogue One.  Haven't seen TLJ yet.

I found Aldren and company charming even if Glover's wannabe Billy Dee Williams shtick was sometimes a bit hard to take.   

Too bad the budget ballooned and all the BTS mess and other SW movies reception overwhelmed the general perception of the movie. 

if you watch TLJ, watch TFA immediately before it. it helps highlight how garbage the plot is.

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

And in 2018  Solo (arguably the biggest SW character) is bombing harder than any DCEU movie - despite having a decent rotten score and the media on its side trying to cover up the embarrassment. The fact that the DCEU never failed as hard with a movie even while being repeatedly lynched by everything and everyone.  Kinda goes to show how weak the Star Wars brand has become. The DCEU could afford to release 4 horrible movies while Star Wars killed itself with ONE (TLJ).  :Venom:

Han Solo isn't the biggest SW character, That would be Luke

and even then people only care about Harrison Ford's Solo

Justice League is still the bigger bomb here :hahaha:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I need to see Book Club. Diane Keaton is a legend and I love movies like First Wives club (which is supposed to be similar to book club) - makes me feel like an empowered woman. 

Stop ✋ impersonating Grace. It’s creepy and a lot of people think you’re actually Grace.

fwiw I like Grace, why did this thread become the “hate Grace” thread? She’s no less accurate than half the posters here. She just happens to be popular.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Pure Spirit said:

Stop ✋ impersonating Grace. It’s creepy and a lot of people think you’re actually Grace.

fwiw I like Grace, why did this thread become the “hate Grace” thread? She’s no less accurate than half the posters here. She just happens to be popular.

I second this

She should stick to movie news/reviews and stop those box office videos though :ph34r:

Jesus, that number is bad. There's no way of spinning it. And I'm not buying the whole SW fatigue thing. If TLJ had been received as strongly as something like IW, I don't think this would have happened.

It was obviously a combination of things but that looks worse than Batman V Superman - Justice League. Disney is going to have to find some way to win back the fans they upset because until they do, the toxicity is going to continue and it seems that some of the people who go to repeat viewings of these movies are included in this bunch. 

This is exactly why I said that I doubt 9 will increase from TLJ that OW. Some said that was ridiculous because the last in the franchise always increases but I was seeing a lot differently. I believe it could go even lower than I thought before now. 

I dunno man. Disney is going to have to do something. Time is not going to make this go away. 

5 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

LOL I have never impersonated Grace. Most of my opinions are completely different from hers + I already said that I’m male.  

25 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think Star Wars is a bit screwed after Episode 9.

After? This is going to lead right into the very first marketing of 9. Every single casting announcement leading to that first teaser.

And some here act like Youtube isn't a big deal when you have hundreds of thousands watching those videos. My timeline got flooded with them and I wasn't subscribed to those channels.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

The most competent box offcie videos on YT are coming from screen Junkies with Dan Murrel. Hes atleast aware how things generally work.

Agreed. I can't stand Grace regardless of her Box Office analysis. Her voice is just not for me and neither are the format of her videos.

Dan seems more invested.

22 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Han Solo isn't the biggest SW character, That would be Luke

and even then people only care about Harrison Ford's Solo

Justice League is still the bigger bomb here :hahaha:

Hum........ are you sure of that, JL went over 650m, I do not think Solo will come close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Jesus, that number is bad. There's no way of spinning it. And I'm not buying the whole SW fatigue thing. If TLJ had been received as strongly as something like IW, I don't think this would have happened.

It was obviously a combination of things but that looks worse than Batman V Superman - Justice League. Disney is going to have to find some way to win back the fans they upset because until they do, the toxicity is going to continue and it seems that some of the people who go to repeat viewings of these movies are included in this bunch. 

This is exactly why I said that I doubt 9 will increase from TLJ that OW. Some said that was ridiculous because the last in the franchise always increases but I was seeing a lot differently. I believe it could go even lower than I thought before now. 

I dunno man. Disney is going to have to do something. Time is not going to make this go away. 

One thing I'll agree with Grace on is that the audience has lost faith in the Star Wars franchise. That has to be won back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

All Disney need to do is complete the Fox acquisition, put the Fox fanfare back in front of the Star Wars films and the fans won't care what follows after all the excitement of the Fox fanfare.

Disagree. They are demanding a lot more. I kind of think Disney/Lucasfilms needs to ask fans what they'd like to see (not from the main trilogy and avoiding all the identity politics stuff in those videos). 

I do find it kind of ironic that TLJ's theme was failure when I look at what's happening to the films and Battlefront 2. Battlefront 2 is a whole different discussions. Fans are pissed EA/Dice gave up on that and broke their promise too.

It seems every sale I see on the Sony store, Battlefront 2 is always discounted.

Infinity War went from under IM3 and Cap3 on Thursday to over both on Sunday of memorial day weekend for each movie.  It could be in the neighborhood of 5.0-5.5 instead of the high 3's Disney has it estimated at.   But all movies had extremely strong days yesterday so I wonder if it was an anomaly and it will drop harder today. Even so I still think it'll be more like 4.5

51 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Oh wow oh wow.  The misogynistic behavior in this thread is appalling. Hating on a smart and talented woman. Must be jealousy. I mean she’s making money discussing the same things BOT’ers post about daily. I guess cis straight men can’t stand a strong powerful woman! 

Not a single person said anything about your gender.  

I'm hating on you because you seem to be a fucking moron.  I would say that if you had a penis or whatever other organ or if you were a non-cis gender queer sentient being.  

Your analysis and channel suck regardless of what you were born as.  

10 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

One thing I'll agree with Grace on is that the audience has lost faith in the Star Wars franchise. That has to be won back.

I 100% agree with that. I just don't know how they are going to do it.

I didn't think a film could be more divisive than the theatrical release of BvS but TLJ has proved me wrong. I see fans spending a lot of time making their own edits because they are so upset with it. I also see them getting bad responses from the people working at Lucasfilms that make it seem like they don't care. 

Pretending that these people are all alt right racists/misogynists/etc is not helping and just pissing them off more.

It's like if the superfans of DCEU that defend everyone of those films actually got pissed at WB and said no more until something is done.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

After? This is going to lead right into the very first marketing of 9. Every single casting announcement leading to that first teaser.

And some here act like Youtube isn't a big deal when you have hundreds of thousands watching those videos. My timeline got flooded with them and I wasn't subscribed to those channels.

If Star Wars fans violated by TLJ are truly that hell-bent on sitting the next one out, I doubt there'd be much Disney could do to convince them to come back, and I'd rather they not make a desperate effort to try.

I'm still fairly certain they'll be back, though.

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Not a single person said anything about your gender.  

I'm hating on you because you seem to be a fucking moron.  I would say that if you had a penis or whatever other organ or if you were a non-cis gender queer sentient being.  

Your analysis and channel suck regardless of what you were born as.  

That's not the real Grace dude.

• Like 1