Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

literally every franchise is in such a weird place right now.

Thanks people of the internet. Everything that is at first loved eventually gets torn apart and hated. If JW is well received again next month...just wait for the hate to start on that a few weeks later.

Happens with movies, shows and video games. It's so predictable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Legit never said that, I commented directly at the "No OT characters will be in SW9" bit of a particular post. But I mean you have a dragonball avatar so reading comprehension probably isn't your strong suit. 

Considering that you have a Fate avatar, are petty insults over anime the hill you want to die on?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I mean you can't just say "well this did well ignoring that it did badly in other areas". That being said Rogue One did pretty well OS for a spin-off it's just the Domestic total was greater than expected. 

Star Wars has done well OS but the trend from Rogue One, TLJ and Solo (TFA numbers are an anomaly let's face it) are showing some concerning declines. 

My point is that the last three Star Wars films did really well OS. That was it lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Mekanos said:

Considering that you have a Fate avatar, are petty insults over anime the hill you want to die on?

Fair enough but you still ignored the entire first part of my post. 

Fate's way smarter then dragonball though

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

They got to keep using those straw-man arguments to save face. Yes some overzealous fans are acting like it is dead, which is just as ridiculous as overzealous fans who are ignoring Solo's failure to launch.

I don't get it. Why are you rooting for this to fail so badly? You want to see a bad film or something? What did this movie or it's producers do to you? Solo is harmless.

• Like 1

It's been the same 4 or 5 people whipping themselves into a frenzy of negativity literally all day, making up ridiculous "projections" and proclaiming endless doom.

The actual estimates don't seem that bad, and now they're all buh buh buh buh...

It's been as entertaining as forums get.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's kinda because we're getting a lot of franchises running deep into their fifth, sixth, seventh movies and not a ton of new ones?

It's probably a good thing...it's time for some newer works to start fresh franchises from...

I admit that I have spent a decade hoping Disney would finally make Ridley Pearson's Kingdom Keepers books into a movie they could franchise from...seems like a slam dunk family movie that actually advertises everything about them w/o it seeming obvious...it's got tech, magic, new and old characters, great villains, etc...they wouldn't pay anything for sets - they could literally use their parks/ships/etc:)...my kids LOVED them...and why not, b/c it can't do worse than WiT and with a mainly kid cast and all the character rights owned by them, it can't even cost much:)...

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Fair enough but you still ignored the entire first part of my post. 

Fate's way smarter then dragonball though

I was just emphasizing that Luke's ghost is probably a non-factor in the movie's hype/marketing. Someone saying "no OT cast" and correcting them that someone will have a cameo in it doesn't really change anything.

Also, if Fate is so smart, then why did you use "then" instead of "than?" How's that reading comprehension going? :thinking: 

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Thanks people of the internet. Everything that is at first loved eventually gets torn apart and hated. If JW is well received again next month...just wait for the hate to start on that a few weeks later.

Yep, the tone in the social networks and the overall tone in the country seems to spread like an epidemic. There's a lot of negativity, created by a minority, that's still very effective in putting a dark shadow behind peoples heads.

It's a weird time we live in.

It's not a coincidence, that what people seem to search nowadays, are heroes. 

7 minutes ago, Hunch said:

If Grindelwald flops/underperforms (I'm not convinced people care that much about Dumbledore) then yeah. 

Fantastic Beasts lacks the magic and character heart that was present in the HP films which may not be great for grindewald.  

Just now, Mekanos said:

I was just emphasizing that Luke's ghost is probably a non-factor in the movie's hype/marketing. Someone saying "no OT cast" and correcting them that someone will have a cameo in it doesn't really change anything.

Also, if Fate is so smart, then why did you use "then" instead of "than?" How's that reading comprehension going? :thinking: 

Except the point of my post was never that it'd help just that the claim that SW9 would have no OT characters will probably end up not happening. Not to mention we have no idea how big of a role Luke's ghost will or will not play in the movie.

What does Fate's intelligence as a material have to do with me as a fan of it using the wrong form of a word. :kitschjob:

I'm also having doubts about Fantastic Beasts 2 now. Like I said, Solo flopping proves that there are no sacred cows at the box office anymore, especially in a crowded market. 2019 could have a lot of big movies eating into each other.

6 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I don't think he's talking about internet reactions lmao

Transformers is already announced dead and still has a movie waiting to happen

Fast is about to split its "family" into two series

JL flopped and WB has like 15 DC projects to choose between

Star Wars in a death spiral with fans raging

Marvel... well we all saw IW

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's kinda because we're getting a lot of franchises running deep into their fifth, sixth, seventh movies and not a ton of new ones?

I’ll admit, beyond just the franchise stuff, I’m kind of getting tired of watching a lot of these quippy, sequels especially when over half of them feature spandex people

2 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Fantastic Beasts lacks the magic and character heart that was present in the HP films which may not be great for grindewald.  

I'd argue it has more heart than half of the Potter films.

• ...wtf 1

Just now, Poseidon said:

Yep, the tone in the social networks and the overall tone in the country seems to spread like an epidemic. There's a lot of negativity, created by a minority, that's still very effective in putting a dark shadow behind peoples heads.

It's a weird time we live in.

It's not a coincidence, that what people seem to search nowadays, are heroes. 

Yeah man, it even happened with A Quiet Place. What started as strong praise eventually turned into all this backlash and I'm just like but did you enjoy it when you were in the theater? Why does every thing have to be perfect? Every movie has conveniences that you love. If the majority of the film is good, can't you just appreciate those aspects and accept that it has flaws? 

It's like a war with every one of these popular films. It's either "fire" or trash.

• Like 1