Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yes it brings out delusional fanboys trying to pretend an obvious flop is some kind of hit

I think no one will be delusional enough to talk about Solo being some kind of hit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Of of course they aren’t shutting the whole franchise down 

but many of these spin offs will not be happening and Episode 9 is going to have another sizable decrease 

I agree some spin offs will not happen...

but say EP IX will decrease without seem any trailer, footage, marketing campaign etc is bullshit... it could happen, but it’s not certain, far from this

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yes it brings out delusional fanboys trying to pretend an obvious flop is some kind of hit

Who exactly is pretending Solo is a hit? Saying its OW might end up better than it seemed based on the previews isn’t the same as denying its doing very poorly. There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging that it might turn out better than the low predictions posted in this thread. So many are continuously posting about what a flop it is for the past 100 pages, why pick on the few neutral to positive comments?

Edited by Deja23
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why do you nestle up in EC's butt Panda? You're better than that I think, and don't you ever get tired of the stench? I thought your kind were clean animals? 

As EC said, this board is archived. I can tell you for a fact I've been more accurate with predictions around here this year than him. And guess what, I'm doing it without the advantage of insider access to the box office. The best part about EC is that he fails this epicly when he has an edge virtually none of us do. It's fucking hilarious. 

Wasn’t your Infinity War predict closer to 300m than 250m for example.  That breaking the record is the one thing I remember you calling right, and EC still hit that one on the head closer so?

• Like 1

Just now, Barnack said:

I think no one will be delusional enough to talk about Solo being some kind of hit.

Star wars is always a hit.  Star wars can never flop, it can never fail.  Only the audience can fail Star wars.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I don’t nestle up to him, but he is an insider.  He’s had a few misses but he’s pretty dang accurate most of the time.  He’s also mellowed out over this month imo, you can be pretty obnoxious whenever it’s Star Wars or Marvel.

Did you honestly miss his multi thread weeks long rampage less than a month ago where he threw an actual tantrum for dozens upon dozens of posts until he got his purple status back from the mods? 

You also missed the edited part of my post where I pointed out that he has an insider advantage we don't and he still falls on his face. Then he refuses to admit. He's Donald Trump without actual authority or relevance. 

• Like 3

Is Solo flopping worldwide? Yes.    

Is it no longer looking to flop as hard as it could have? Also Yes.  

Is Star Wars as a larger franchise still very much alive and formidable. Yes again.    

• Like 5

Btw I don't understand why there is even talk of Star Wars being scrapped. Solo could have made $70M 3-day and shit over seas and Star Wars movies are still happening. If that's an argument you're trying to make please see yourself out the door. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Who exactly is pretending Solo is a hit? Saying its OW might end up better than it seemed based on the previews isn’t the same as denying its doing very poorly. There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging that it might turn out better than the low prediction posted in this thread. So many are continuously posting about what a flop it is for the past 100 pages, why pick on the few neutral to positive comments?

Because they're delusional.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Why do you nestle up in EC's butt Panda? You're better than that I think, and don't you ever get tired of the stench? I thought your kind were clean animals? 

As EC said, this board is archived. I can tell you for a fact I've been more accurate with predictions around here this year than him. And guess what, I'm doing it without the advantage of insider access to the box office. The best part about EC is that he fails this epicly when he has an edge virtually none of us do. It's fucking hilarious. 

Lol.  Nice edit to put even more fake made up stuff.  

You haven't been close to as accurate as me.  Ever.  

I'll let you know when you can sit at the grown up table, lil' toddler.  

14 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

JL's preview to ow multiplier gives Solo 93.8/13*14.1 = 101.7

On one hand JL did not have Sunday boost, a semi-sequel.

On the other hand RO, TLJ and TFA all 3 had very low preview to OW multis and Solo is backloaded to it's credit (notwithstanding the low previews).

JL had a 28.2% Sat bump from true Fri. If Solo's true Fri is 23-26 (37-40 Fri) then the same bump gives 29.5-33.3 Sat.

37.0-40.0 Fri

29.5-33.3 Sat (using 28%+ bump from true Friday)

27.1-30.6 Sun (using -8%)

= 93.6-103.9 3-day (98.75 average)

21.7-24.5 Mon (using -20%)

= 115.3-128.4 4-day (121.9 average)

This is late May, though, not mid november.

Indiana Jones 4 had a 19,5% jump 10 years ago with a full thursday taking the pressure off its friday, I don't think Solo will top this.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 2