Jayhawk the Hutt

Knives Out | Nov 27 2019 | 18th Most Profitable Movie of 2019 | Coming to Amazon Prime June 12

Also it’s not like they we’re poor Linda (Jamie Lee curtis’ Character had a very successful real estate business. Walt probably had quite a bit of money from all the years as Harlan’s publisher. Jonie was the only one that was kinda broke but she was literally stealing from Harlan. Also like someone else said Harlan isn’t really portrayed as completely sane in the movie lol.

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, WittyUsername said:
  Hide contents

The way the movie presents it is that Harlan wants his family to learn to be self-sufficient. He wants them to make a name for themselves, instead of piggybacking off his success. It helps that, with the possible exception of his granddaughter, his family members weren’t exactly portrayed as likable people. 

granddaughter was a fake friend. first she asked martha to give up the inheritance at family request, then she played "i'm sorry" at family request. And she knew her mom was stealing. they all deserved to be disinherited and learn to live on their own

OMG.  The Knives Out Twitter Account is now called “The Chris Evans Sweater Stan Account” and it is just filled with thirst posts about Evans in the sweater. 

:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

OMG.  The Knives Out Twitter Account is now called “The Chris Evans Sweater Stan Account” and it is just filled with thirst posts about Evans in the sweater. 

Gotta love that the people behind the Twitter account for this movie knows who their audience is. That's when you know you've officially reached ICON status.

Image result for chris evans gif

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:53 AM, Hatebox said:

Seeing this tonight. Excited!

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. I had some quibbles (not least with Blanc, whose accent was a parodic indulgence that should have been nipped in the bud long before filming) but the good stuff was really good. Would happily watch a sequel and I'm sure we'll get one. 

Edited by Hatebox

16 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

cringy. twitter stan culture is the worst.

For all Johnson's talk of Death on the Nile and Evil Under the Sun, this movie seemed to owe a lot more to Christie's 

Spoiler

Five Little Pigs

, which is my favourite Christie of the 20 or so that I've read. Surprised to see it hasn't been brought up at all (by Johnson or viewers).

That little gop moment Chris Evans has in the ending is worth -1 point for the cringe

but otherwise it’s fun? Could have been less on the nose for sure.

there are some excellent shots here as well. at some meg calls x and it’s absolutely fantastic how it’s framed.

Edited by Goffe

Also, pretty asshole movie from Harlan for

leaving Shanon with nothing after years he dedicated his life to the publisher. “Make something for yourself” says father before throwing his ~50 years old son (emphasis on the age) in the wild with nothing. Cool

that final shot

with the nurse in the balcony standing looking to the family below is a high cringe dose. 

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

Also, pretty asshole movie from Harlan for

Hide contents

leaving Shanon with nothing after years he dedicated his life to the publisher. “Make something for yourself” says father before throwing his ~50 years old son (emphasis on the age) in the wild with nothing. Cool

Spoiler

I have only seen it once, but I'm pretty sure I remember someone mentioning that all he does is get a manuscript from Harlan once a year and publish it.  That's literally a job anyone could do, but because he is related, he gets to do it and make millions or whatever.

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

that final shot

Hide contents

with the nurse in the balcony standing looking to the family below is a high cringe dose. 

I can't disagree with this more.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Deep Wang said:
  Hide contents

I have only seen it once, but I'm pretty sure I remember someone mentioning that all he does is get a manuscript from Harlan once a year and publish it.  That's literally a job anyone could do, but because he is related, he gets to do it and make millions or whatever.

I can't disagree with this more.

To be fair running a major publishing company and coordinating worldwide releases, printings, translations, arranging for copyright protections and trademarks, negotiating contracts with booksellers, etc. is not something anyone can do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

To be fair running a major publishing company and coordinating worldwide releases, printings, translations, arranging for copyright protections and trademarks, negotiating contracts with booksellers, etc. is not something anyone can do.

The implication is that he doesn't actually do all that.

• Like 5