Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Venom with -55.5% drop - 35.7m | A Star is Born -34.7% - 28m | First Man disappointing with 16.5m | Goosebumps 2 16.225m | Bad Times for Bad Times At The El Royale with 7.225m

11 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

The First Man bombing? Should havee put that flag. 

Can we now just stop making Ryan Gosling a thing? He is a pretty boy actor. Blade Runner 2049 didn't do so well either.

Do you realize how much you sound like one of those dumb "I STAND FOR THE FLAG" bumper stickers? Because you sound exactly like a bumper sticker right now.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Can we now just stop making Ryan Gosling a thing? He is a pretty boy actor. Blade Runner 2049 didn't do so well either.

The flag is in the movie dipshit. Several times in fact.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spagheditary said:

Considering the more subdued reviews, that’s really impressive. I can see a scenario where the film gets a nod for Chalamet and nothing else.

I think the high gross has an outside chance of being because of Chalamet. He's probably garnered a lot of fans in the form of young girls, who could be very enthusiastic about supporting his film. For that reason, high viewership in cities like New York and Los Angeles makes sense.

43 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

First comment is dumb second is even dumber. Gosling is like Gyllenhaal they aren't in block busters and aren't trying to be box office stars

47 minutes ago, diddykongracing128 said:

I was surprised by how much it is (along with a long pro-America montage), it is a bit of a manufactured story if not fully pushed by people I must imagine that hadn't even seen the movie.

• Like 2

Regarding superheroes movies,

dudebros & cinephiles with delicate palate like

Deadpool & Venom type humor.

And Tom Hardy

CATEGORY 1

BUT

think MCU films humor is lame or there are "too many jokes" in MCU films. Humor dumbs down MCU Films

CATEGORY2

SO

they think gritiness, darkness, R Rating, blood and the ability to say fuck add quality to their superhero film.

CATEGORY 3

Choose your CATEGORY 

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

Smallfoot is holding really well. Had it opened a few million higher it could've made a play for $100M+.

It's a real shot in the arm for WAG to try and make another original film which could break $100m domestically. There's no original films in the pipeline but hopefully after Lego 2, Scooby Doo and Space Jam 2, they'll do another one. 

Universal must be grateful they have Halloween next week

It's interesting that some films based on real events or people like Sully or American Sniper can be hugely successful but some like First Man just fall flat.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, diddykongracing128 said:

I actually like Ryan Gosling as an actor, but he is not a box office draw. 

I said in another thread, none of his films have crossed $100 million except La La Land.

Edited by divinity83

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It's a real shot in the arm for WAG to try and make another original film which could break $100m domestically. There's no original films in the pipeline but hopefully after Lego 2, Scooby Doo and Space Jam 2, they'll do another one. 

Universal must be grateful they have Halloween next week

It's interesting that some films based on real events or people like Sully or American Sniper can be hugely successful but some like First Man just fall flat.

WAG has multiple Dr. Seuss films on deck. So don't expect it to put original films on priority.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/warner-animation-group-dr-seuss-enterprises-for-future-film-projects-1202675350/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, diddykongracing128 said:

Dude stfu. 😡. I can’t believe this fycking troll is allowed to still post here. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1