Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

18 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

not as tight as fallout, but DRp1 is the coolest MI movie, with a few changes could have easily been the best in the series

the Hayley Atwell character probably shouldn't exist as is, very big mistake to try and turn her into a love interest

pretty cool of cruise/mcquarrie to have 4 pretty women trying to kill each other 

shame about best girl 

I thought about it some more, and soured a bit on the movie

Had all the building blocks to be the best MI movies but did not take full advantage of them, still the coolest one though

I now dare point to Atwell's character (at least the way it was used) as a flaw that hurts many different aspects of the movie 

there are also a few aspects that should have been developed/showcased further

still great

but 5 and 6 are better (been too long since I've seen 4 and I have no idea how I feel about 1, dont like 3 and I only ironically enjoy 2)

Funny.

Wheel of Fortune‘s Blatant Plug of Mission: ImpossibleDead Reckoning Was an Unmitigated Disaster (WATCH)

To mark the blockbuster’s Oct. 10 digital release, Mission Impossible — Dead Reckoning, Part One was the recipient of its very own puzzle on Tuesday night’s Wheel. There was just one problem: All three contestants struggled mightily to identity the movie title despite almost every letter having been filled in.

San Jose, Calif. resident Rose Fisher ultimately solved the mystery with just two letters missing, but even she seemed unsure if her “D” guess was the correct one (watch above).

And it got worse from there.

Later in the show, while congratulating the night’s big winner, Keri Isacovici, host Pat Sajak referenced her earlier Mission: Impossible struggles with an off-handed, “Who needs that stinkin’ movie?” He rather quickly backtracked on the crack (perhaps remembering that Paramount probably-allegedly-maybe paid a tidy sum for the plug), professing that Mission Impossible — Dead Reckoning, Part One is actually a “terrific movie.”

Wait — there’s more.

In his customary end-of-episode banter-fest with co-host Vanna White (watch above), during which he asked the legendary letter-turner if she’s seen MIDRP1 (she hasn’t), Sajak knowingly, cheekily (dismissively?) butchers the title, referring to it as Mission Reckoning Impossible. White then asks Sajak if he has seen the film that he earlier declared was “terrific.” He confesses that he has not.

“I don’t see a lot of the action films, to be honest with you,” he shrugged, before adding, “But it does great box office.”

Well… not that great, for something that carried a near-$300 million budget!

• Like 2

Japan

Though no detailed numbers have been reported for Top Screens, but Paramount via Towa Pictures informed that 109 Cinemas Minoh is the No.1 Screen X Location for the film.

Previously, Grand Cinema Sunshine Ikebukuro (gdcs) was the No.1 IMAX &4DX Location for "Top Gun: Maverick" Globally!

Rewatched this last night. Might be my favourite Mission Impossible tbh.

In other news, movie might be 25 mil+ in the red: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/inside-tom-cruise-new-deal-1235785619/

Paramount has had some issues with Cruise, too: He and his writer-director, Christopher McQuarrie, have had a tendency to change their minds on the fly while filming, which tends to bust the budget. The release date for Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning — Part One was pushed four times. Ultimately, sources say, the movie lost north of $25 million. (Some sources believe the loss was very far north of that.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

In other news, movie might be 25 mil+ in the red: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/inside-tom-cruise-new-deal-1235785619/

I would’ve thought Paramount would try to do everything in their power to stay on Cruise’s good side regardless of him and McQuarrie blowing up the budget here. 

Cruise got over confident because of Top Gun 2 and thought this was going to explode too, carried by that momentum.

The movie was ok but far from the recent 3, for the next one they really need to capture something more special.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

This explains why Cruise jumped ship to Warner. Paramount likely doesn't want him anymore after how much of a letdown Dead Reckoning was for them. He's lucky the next one was as far along as it was before the strikes, because otherwise I feel the plug would have been pulled on that last year. But that one will be the end of an era to be sure.

Keep forgetting that this and the little mermaid remake are technically under-performers, given some of the cataclysmic bombs we witnessed in 2023. I will say, I feel like any discussion for this kind of died as soon as Barbenheimer dropped. They really fucked up by scheduling it for that specific date.

• Like 1

Big mistake making this two parts before knowing how MI7 does. Have they not learned from the past...announced the Dark Universe series before knowing how The Mummy performs. But this time is even worse because they already filmed part of MI8 and are forced to release it.

MI8 is DOA...i'm pretty sure Paramount will not put too much effort in trying to save it now that Cruise went to WB.

My MI8 UNDER MI3 club has a very high chance of success

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1