Eric Prime

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

It makes sense they're not giving a release date in the trailer since no one's gonna see it before a movie in theaters. Antebellum also released a new trailer earlier that simply said "Coming Soon" so maybe we're about to see a rush of movies beginning their marketing campaigns again after nothing for over two months.

• Like 1

They may or may not move it, but as far as restaurant data goes - if you've been confined to your house, with very few options to go out, it's normal that the first few days and weeks, especially as we move into summer, will be taken up with outdoor activities. You want to actually go out. Maybe get a haircut as soon as possible, start going to work if that's a possibility, etc. 17 July is still almost two months away. If the rate of reopening keeps accelerating, people will have satisfied a lot of their higher needs in terms of outdoors socializing. By July, the desire for more regular behaviors, such as shopping in malls, going to pubs and restaurants and, yes, even going to the cinema, should be present.

Now, again, this is dependent on the rate of reopening not slowing down - the number of cases is still growing at an alarming speed in a lot of parts of the world. 

For this particular movie, there is also the issue of marketing, yes. Being first will give it exposure, of course, and Nolan's brand is big, but it does need marketing, and figuring out the best way to reach people in this situation will not be easy.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough. If they drop a trailer, I'd be surprised if a date wasn't on there. And if they do omit the date, it's probably a strong indicator that it is being moved and we should know for sure in the next week or two,,,

EDIT: Welp, there we go, sticking with it for now.

Edited by reddevil19

18 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Does he actually know that its coming out then or is he assuming that just because a trailer is coming out?

Assuming.

Anyway, putting my feelings on release dates etc to one side today, I'm so damn hyped for this. Can't believe we are finally getting new trailers in general again. And Nolan's main theatrical trailers are usually absolute masterpieces so cannot wait.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Assuming.

Anyway, putting my feelings on release dates etc to one side today, I'm so damn hyped for this. Can't believe we are finally getting new trailers in general again. And Nolan's main theatrical trailers are usually absolute masterpieces so cannot wait.

This.

Even if it ends up delayed, it's gonna be nice to see a new trailer for this.

Hoping WW84 will soon drop a trailer as well.

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Wonder what time it'll drop... There wasn't a time given, was there?

Maybe 1 PM EST?

9 AM PST is usually when WB releases trailers.

Also, I'm assuming that Tenet, even if it gets delayed, will still release in the summer because they wouldn't have released a trailer right now just to announce it's releasing 6 months later or next year.

Edited by lorddemaxus

RIP to the upside down logo (I guess it will still be in the film but still, wasn't on the trailer teases and now this )
https://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Tenet-Inside-Christopher-Quantum/dp/1647220602/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=tenet+quantum&qid=1590048359&sr=8-1
91U6TwnidWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

9 AM PST is usually when WB releases trailers.

Also, I'm assuming that Tenet, even if it gets delayed, will still release in the summer because they wouldn't have released a trailer right now just to announce it's releasing 6 months later or next year.

Yup, this trailer is even okay for the August 14 release. So timings, no worries at the moment...

• Like 1

I agree with the sentiment about it just being nice to have new trailers. My passion for movies has never been more clear than during this lockdown during which I've been starving for news, trailers, numbers; anything and everything movie related.

If cinemas are open and this does indeed release on July 17, it's' going to be a great day!

• Like 1