Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

And how many times has that actually worked out for them? Joker's the only one that comes to mind.

Aquaman, A Star is Born, It Chapter 2, Shazam, and Ready Player One are the other big ones I can remember ramping their marketing campaign about a month before release. I'm not too sure about movies like The Meg, Rampage, and Crazy Rich Asians. It definitely doesn't work for all their movies (Birds of Prey) and espescially not for smaller dramas.

Edited by lorddemaxus

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Aquaman trailer 2 came out in October, and RPO trailer 2 came out in December

I mean that Aquaman trailer didn't release in cinemas though. And WB's channel says RPO's first trailer came out in December. I thought Aquaman's marketing really only ramped up from its premiere in November and RPO from it's SXSW premiere.

Edited by lorddemaxus

On 5/15/2020 at 10:54 PM, Eric Atreides said:

This confirms it for me, Tenet will be moving. The only way it stays and opens mid-July is if WB is willing to sacrifice the film for the good of the industry, and since this piece dispels that notion... well, there we have it. There is simply no way we'll get A. that many cinemas open and B. that many people going out to see films. WB will soon realize that a July date is going to produce very tiny BO numbers.

I'm still thinking Tenet to 2021. Late summer will quickly be ruled out based on how things are going in June, and a move to winter will be scrubbed once the second wave hits.

49 minutes ago, doublejack said:

I'm still thinking Tenet to 2021. Late summer will quickly be ruled out based on how things are going in June, and a move to winter will be scrubbed once the second wave hits.

Agreed. Nothing gets released this year. Unless we have a vaccine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maggie said:

Agreed. Nothing gets released this year. Unless we have a vaccine

Almost nothing is going to wait for a vaccine. That's silly. Do you know how long that could take?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Almost nothing is going to wait for a vaccine. That's silly. Do you know how long that could take?

The Polio vaccine took 15 years. It’s amazing how many people have decided it’s going to happen in 2021. 

• Like 3

States and countries all over are reopening as we speak yet some think American movie theaters will remain shuttered in 2 months time ???

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I don’t see why WB has to spend anything on marketing for it. As the first movie back it will get wall to wall free media. 

Aside from people on this forum, I don't know a single person who knows of this movie and whats not to say Mulan gets wall to wall coverage instead, especially if Disney spends on marketing. No, you have to spend on marketing.

30 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I don’t see why WB has to spend anything on marketing for it. As the first movie back it will get wall to wall free media. 

The coronavirus gets nearly 100% of media attention at the moment (and rightly so), new TV shows barely make a ripple in the news. Tenet would get more but only really benefit if the covid crisis is ending; it is always the same problem.

release this movie already! cant wait longer.

36 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

we never got a Nolan box office bomb before (I think the closest one to do so was Batman begins?), and I think this is one of the rare cases we might actually get one if Tenet sticks to the July date, 

this is biggest film of the year. It's not bombing.

• Like 1