Eric is Quiet

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

17 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

who wants to bet even if Mulan still comes out first it'll be barely mentioned in those reviews meanwhile loads of the reviews for this will have finger wagging "mr nolan it was irresponsible to release this sir"

It would be another amusing example of the idiocy of Film Twitter, but I doubt either of these movies will be released in July.

It is Unhinged that may suffer the most from this panic...😡

8 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

It would be another amusing example of the idiocy of Film Twitter, but I doubt either of these movies will be released in July.

It is Unhinged that may suffer the most from this panic...😡

if they try that shit with unhinged at the very least it can plead insanity. it wouldn't be right to release it at a more hinged time. it will reflect the mood of the people and that's exactly why it'll make a billion dollars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Pretty obvious they are purposefully delaying it by small increments so the movie will keep getting a burst of media attention every time. Smart 

Yep. I suspect the next step is to move it to WW84' s current spot and that goes next year

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Pretty obvious they are purposefully delaying it by small increments so the movie will keep getting a burst of media attention every time. Smart 

I think that would be a smart strategy, but they were honestly hoping/expecting to be able to go on July 17 when they stayed there and were honestly hoping/expecting to be able to go on July 31 when they dated that. 

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Meh, I'm not sure. It will get old quick. There's only so long people will keep up the buzz and conversation before saying "release the damn movie already or I'm out".

@antovolk movie is opening not just in Brazil but in all of Latin America between August 13th and 14th. If the movie is getting delayed worldwide this isn't the sign you're looking for. With the exception of Interstellar every single Nolan title of the last 10 years gets a 1-2 week delay in the region so no actual surprise this time.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 4:00 PM, John Marston said:

They have gotten quite a bit of media attention from this situation, since many believed Tenet would be the first big movie to come out in a post-Corona world. I agree it's smart to get the movie's name out there. If the media want to focus a lot on the movie's release date, might as well take advantage and squeeze the media attention for all its worth. 

On 6/21/2020 at 7:49 AM, Maggie said:

I've just watched some youtube videos breaking down the trailer. My brain hurts. This movie will be veryyyy complicated.

The nature of those breakdown videos is that they waaaaay overthink things. The movie will be fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Just read that Nolan & Co decided to purchase a 747 outright to crash for the sequence in the trailer. He called it an impulse buy. Warner Bros. really did just let him have free reign with the budget... I love Nolan to death, but I would have cut him off at some point.

Maybe when he stops making a ton of money and win awards for them?

(IIRC buying a real one was cheaper; and also CGI ruins cinema)

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Just read that Nolan & Co decided to purchase a 747 outright to crash for the sequence in the trailer. He called it an impulse buy. Warner Bros. really did just let him have free reign with the budget... I love Nolan to death, but I would have cut him off at some point.

An impulse buy by Nolan's standards - i.e. they originally thought they wouldn't do it that way but ran the numbers and turned out to be cheaper. Remember, it was a real 747, but a decommissioned one...