Eric Prime

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

based on pre-sales data it's pretty disappointing, OW won't go higher than 155M and dom total under 400M. still good numbers but the crazy pre-sales in last week got us too excited.

Tracking was always indicative of something between 140 and 160.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

$20.7M puts the March record in danger depending on how things shake out. I’m thinking somewhere between $175M and $180M right now but it could fall in the $165-170M range if it plays like other MCU films. Regardless a fantastic opening weekend is in stores for CM both domestically and OS. 

Wow, Nova going against the grain with a high internal multi possibility. I’m coming around to that a bit after the Thursday demo breakdown.      

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

Now I wonder where the posters who predicted $600-$700M total WW are at 🤔

Meant first week total, I’m sure :hahaha:

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

over TLJ and certainly over Episode IX

Woundt be so sure. Black Panther barely outgrossed TLJ and that was only because of its 700M DOM take and a rather surprisingly strong 626M OS run. Even with a 180M OW, it will be hard for CM to touch 550M+, let alone 600M. But even if it passes that, 700M+ OS is also not easy at all.

Im not saying it has 0 chance of passing Last Jedi but 1,32B is not a small amount of money.

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

$20.7M puts the March record in danger depending on how things shake out. I’m thinking somewhere between $175M and $180M right now but it could fall in the $165-170M range if it plays like other MCU films. Regardless a fantastic opening weekend is in stores for CM both domestically and OS. 

Now I wonder where the posters who predicted $600-$700M total WW are at 🤔

Whats about those posters who predicted 1.3B WW? 😏

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Wow, Nova going against the grain with a high internal multi possibility. I’m coming around to that a bit after the Thursday demo breakdown.      

Meant first week total, I’m sure :hahaha:

I just feel like Friday for it is going to be huge and then I def think it’s going to play really well with families over the weekend. Just a hunch. I mean even if im wrong, the OW is gonna be huge anyways 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

So how much will this make worldwide, more or less than $1.39b?

less guaranteed. BP could not do 0.5A, no way captain marvel can.

1B is not guaranteed for a start so lets not get ahead of ourselves too much.

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

less guaranteed. BP could not do 0.5A, no way captain marvel can.

I mean, if the movie makes that 450-490 mil WW OW prediction that @Charlie Jatinder made, 1 Billion is very pretty much guaranteed. Even BvS with toxic WOM made twice its WW OW.

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

This is a good point, could always get wiped out by a meteor or something in the next couple weeks.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean, if the movie makes that 450-490 mil WW OW prediction that @Charlie Jatinder made, 1 Billion is very pretty much guaranteed. Even BvS with toxic WOM made twice its WW OW.

I didn't know opening was set to be that high, regardless I stand by my point that "locked" is used too much aroudn here. if it opens to 350M ww for example then 1B is in no way locked.

I think it will be quite domestic heavy also.

19 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Tracking was always indicative of something between 140 and 160.

Yea that’s pretty much where I’ve personally had it for the last several weeks. A range of $140M-$160M. I did up it last night to $175M though but the tracking was always around that number which is why I had it there as well. 

• Like 3

So an acquaintance of mine who was really like "this movie is pure SJW TRASH" before release went to watch the movie and then said it was SJW trash.

His failure to see the irony here is just killing me.   :qotd:

The more people who complain about this movie, the more people who are gonna pay to watch it. Guess who wins in this situation?

Answer: Us because that means MOAR BO :sarah:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Am I missing something? Are people actually expecting CM to beat TLJ or is that a joke? Because so far, if I was to guesstimate its final WW gross, it'd probaby be something like $930m ($380m DOM & $550m OS).

8 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

So an acquaintance of mine who was really like "this movie is pure SJW TRASH" before release went to watch the movie and then said it was SJW trash.

His failure to see the irony here is just killing me.   :qotd:

The more people who complain about this movie, the more people who are gonna pay to watch it. Guess who wins in this situation?

Answer: Us because that means MOAR BO :sarah:

Tell your friend to go again so that they can explain why the movie is pure SJW trash. And then after they do that tell them to watch it again so they can give you specific scenes as evidence :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10