Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

53 minutes ago, John Marston said:

will James Cameron angrily re release Avatar over and over to get it back over Endgame?

Well, Titanic got re-releases which pushed that film’s $600M DOM & $1.8B WW to $659M & $2.1B WW. In case future mega blockbusters like the Avengers-films, Jurassic World & the new Star Wars-films were record-breaking hits that would have trumped Titanic, hence why James Cameron wanted to keep his top 2 grossing films record for a bit longer.

But for this time...Avengers Endgame will be the first ever blockbuster in 22 years to actually outgross Titanic (A James Cameron-directed movie), WW-wise... which could finally put an end of his top two grossing films-streak that James Cameron kept for 10 years.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, Titanic got re-releases which pushed that film’s $600M DOM & $1.8B WW to $659M & $2.1B WW. In case future mega blockbusters like the Avengers-films, Jurassic World & the new Star Wars were record-breaking hits that would have  trumped Titanic, hence why James Cameron wanted to keep his top 2 grossing films record for a bit longer.

But for this time...Avengers Endgame will be the first ever blockbuster in 22 years to actually outgross Titanic (A James Cameron-directed movie), WW-wise... which could finally put an end of his top two grossing films-streak that James Cameron kept for 10 years.

I don't think that's why James Cameron rereleased Titanic. :kitschjob:

Bob Iger's Legacy to Disney Corp has been the acquisition of properties like Marvel, Pixar, LucasFilm and Others.

8/31/2009 - Disney buys Marvel for $4 Billion - https://money.cnn.com/2009/08/31/news/companies/disney_marvel/

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Bob Iger s reaction when he saw the latest Endgame box office updates on his smartphone :

tenor.gif

Edited by budice
  • Like 1

I went to see CM and Endgame again at Palace Cinemas near Central Station for the first time. It’s on level 3 of this building.  The Cinemas were retrofitted into the building after it was built so they’re not that big but it was still a good experience. 

yTv1cG1.jpg

Loved them just as much on third and second viewing respectively. As I was walking down a side street afterwards I looked down an alley to see this. 

jxPU6sC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Y’know, I alsways said IW’s true Friday was a bit slack. I didn’t realize it was 20M of slack though. It’ set a record just one year ago, and now its true Friday is getting dunked on by some 45%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Cameron is definitely gonna have a lot of shit to lose over this. He already went on an anti-CBM tirade just at the mere idea of any of them getting close to Avatar.  

I think you're right. I've actually got a livestream of his reaction right here:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Cameron is definitely gonna have a lot of shit to lose over this. He already went on an anti-CBM tirade just at the mere idea of any of them getting close to Avatar. 

Poor Cameron, only has two films that made 2 billion+ dollars and is getting to make 4 sequels that will probably make 10 billion dollars

Edited by That One Guy
  • Haha 1