Eric Burnett

Avengers: Endgame Tuesday Thread (4/30): 33.11M (3rd best Tuesday ever, 2nd best non-opening)

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

It was at 34.5 last night. Then it was 33.4 this morning, now 32.9. 

16 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I have numbers bit lower than @RtheEnd. Around 32mn.

@poweranimals Did you read this post 15h ago!! Charlie let us know 15h that he was seeing it at 32m it went up 1.1m from his estimate at the same point in time we had the $34.5m est from RTH so do'nt just pick and chose what numbers you want to take. We got the 32m number 15h ago so we were well awere it could drop to that number. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 4

Becoming the third biggest Tuesday/second biggest non-OD Tuesday by $3.4 million more than the the previous #3/#2 instead of $5 million more is a hell of a problem for a movie to have.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Tomorrow’s number is gonna be monstrous. 

Even if OS-China numbers do not increase tomorrow, just the China increase will put OS figures tomorrow at 143. But Wednesday was holiday in many parts of the world so we should see an increase in those countries as well. South Korea for instance increased 65% on Wednesday. 

This means it has a chance of overtaking Jurassic World tomorrow itself. In just 8 days (6 for domestic and half of the countries)

@Sam @Brainbug

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Even if OS-China numbers do not increase tomorrow, just the China increase will put OS figures tomorrow at 143. But Wednesday was holiday in many parts of the world so we should see an increase in those countries as well. South Korea for instance increased 65% on Wednesday. 

This means it has a chance of overtaking Jurassic World tomorrow itself. In just 8 days (6 for domestic and half of the countries)

@Sam @Brainbug

Well JW still has the Summer and June OW record! And the non-Marvel-non-Star Wars OW record!

Honestly though, all of this is mind-boggling. The amount of people who watch this movie worldwide ....

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

This means it has a chance of overtaking Jurassic World tomorrow itself. In just 7 days (6 for domestic and half of the countries)

@Sam @Brainbug

Probably will do 180 OS and 23m domestic and around 21.5m thursday and 90m OS. it should hit 2B on saturday.

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Probably will do 180 OS and 23m domestic and around 21.5m thursday and 90m OS. it should hit 2B on saturday.

I think we could see a little better than that DOM for Wed-Thur. I think there are people who are going to try and catch it on a weekday to avoid the weekend rush. I know several people who are doing just this, going today or tomorrow because they hate dealing with crowded theaters and don't want to wait yes another week to see (because everyone is saying it is the best movie they have ever seen)

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

@Sam @Brainbug

My estimated give a total $1663m by tomorrow so it should pass it.

3 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I had to double check, but holy heck, it is.  (It's actually even a bit more).  That's very cool.  #ItsASign 

FWIW, Star Wars didn't hit $80m until two months after its release, in late July 1977. But it ended its original run a year later with $307m.

Avengers would have to make $1.285B DOM to match that. 

9 minutes ago, tupek said:

$24m today

$20m tomorrow

No chance Thursday drops like that.   IW dropped 8.6%, BP dropped 3%. I'd expect somewhere in the middle. 24 is certainly reasonable for Wednesday but I hope for better. That's basically what the IW drop was.

Thursday should be 22+

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Birdo Mandingo said:

I think we could see a little better than that DOM for Wed-Thur. I think there are people who are going to try and catch it on a weekday to avoid the weekend rush. I know several people who are doing just this, going today or tomorrow because they hate dealing with crowded theaters and don't want to wait yes another week to see (because everyone is saying it is the best movie they have ever seen)

Based on fandango I see tickets available almost everywhere even in iMax and PLF. So the spillover effect is over and that will have an impact on the drop. Yesterday it did get some boost bcos of discount tuesday(in Dallas PLF tickets were between $7-8). So i see a slow down. It could do slightly better bcos of iMax and PLF and have like 24.5m wed and 23m thursday. But I want to be conservative.

I saw Infinity War once in theater, and will see Endgame tomorrow.  Doubtful I’ll see Endgame more than once either, but that’s just because when I go to the theater I usually prefer seeing something new.

The big exception in recent memory was TFA, saw it 7 times in theaters but I went cuckoo crazy then, don’t know if I’d ever do that for a movie again.

1 minute ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I saw Infinity War once in theater, and will see Endgame tomorrow.  Doubtful I’ll see Endgame more than once either, but that’s just because when I go to the theater I usually prefer seeing something new.

The big exception in recent memory was TFA, saw it 7 times in theaters but I went cuckoo crazy then, don’t know if I’d ever do that for a movie again.

Same here. I've seen 4 movies more than once in my life in theaters. Gonna see End Game 5+ guaranteed.

Edited by cdsacken