sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

1 minute ago, dakus said:

14gwe0bpj4w21.jpg?width=720&auto=webp&s=

Here are the Cinemascores for the movies that truly matter this weekend

Huh....I'm surprised at that CinemaScore for Long Shot. Figured given the reviews it would be a crowd pleaser.

• Like 2

I always would go with latest update. RTH update after 9PM PST tend to be quite accurate. Yesterday he was on the mark.

I expected softer increase bcos iMax/PLF have been super strong over the weekdays. Those grosses dont go up much on friday. Saturday still has potential as early morning shows were not that strong on friday. But saturday should be super strong.

Edit: one article that lists WW PLF screen count mentioned this.

According to research by IHS Markit, the number of PLF auditoriums worldwide nearly doubled over the last three years, from 1,667 in 2014 to 3,202 in 2017, making it one of the hottest trends in exhibition today.

So I am expecting the count to be around 5000 WW in 2019 with USA and china dominating the list.

https://www.boxofficepro.com/coming-theater-near-premium-large-format-revolution/

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1

Just now, JB33 said:

Huh....I'm surprised at that CinemaScore for Long Shot. Figured given the reviews it would be a crowd pleaser.

Yeah, its surprisingly low. Romantic comedies tend to be quite forgiving Cinemascore wise too afaik

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

Y’all mocked and laughed but just watch, Deadline gonna be coming in with the most accurate estimates. 

On a related note, Gitesh seems weirdly quiet today.

Nikke Finke will appear out of nowhere with estimates

BlaringPeskyChupacabra-size_restricted.g

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 4
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Perhaps people thought it was too political. The film is funny and the leads play well with each other. Maybe the horror crowd decided to see a rom com this week.

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I always would go with latest update. RTH update after 9PM PST tend to be quite accurate. Yesterday he was on the mark.

I expected softer increase bcos iMax/PLF have been super strong over the weekdays. Those grosses dont go up much on friday. Saturday still has potential as early morning shows were not that strong on friday. But saturday should be super strong.

Hmm, this is something I didn't know or hadn't considered.

Notably, over at Disney Springs, they stuck Uglydolls in theater 14, known as the death theater.

Its not next to any other theater, it’s off to the side on the left wall

It’s the one where they usually stick either the weak openers or the ones that bombed in the first week and got demoted, it’s where you tend to find things like Johnny English 3 or Fahrenheit 11/9

Suffice to say a kids movie getting shoved there is bad, since kids movies seem to do better than usual at Disney Springs

Edited by Felandria
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The hardest choices require the strongest wills.

You really took @MrPink‘s advice and used TLJ  as the tool to make the choice, didn’t you? 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

You really took @MrPink‘s advice and used TLJ  as the tool to make the choice, didn’t you? 

Neither of them seen that movie

But I can say they will likely have a natural disposition against it now...😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Hmm, this is something I didn't know or hadn't considered.

impact of Imax/PLF is increase year on year as Most theater chains are adding more of their own PLF like Dolby cinema, AMC prime, Regal RPX and Cinemark xD and so many others. Some major theaters like AMC Empire 25 have 3 PLF( 1 large iMax, 1 Prime and 1 dolby cinema).

Unfortunately we dont get break up of PLF grosses. I thought BOM used to do it earlier but only iMax grosses were reported.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

I do like Charlie, but he generally gets really hype and excited with early numbers, especially since he's an MCU fan. Nothing wrong with that, but I generally like RTH more (hoping Charlie's right tho)

Funny how the first person who remarked this was apparently criticized. It's called constructive criticism.

All these BS posts in this thread, oh I'm going with RTH/Charlie, obviously depending on who is higher, are on another level of pathetic. They aren't making numbers up for pleasure. As they are the only ones with data, they are the only ones who can truly infer and predict. Putting emotion into it is fruitless. 

Edited by BK007

56 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Have we not concluded by now that Cinemascore is BS? 

9 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Have we not concluded by now that Cinemascore is BS? 

I've concluded that RT Audience score is BS. Not so sure about Cinemascore.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

So Charlie says 45, then RTH comes in and says 41-43. Those are odd differences this late in the game, given they have access to the same data. 

wrong, see later

14 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I do like Charlie, but he generally gets really hype and excited with early numbers, especially since he's an MCU fan. Nothing wrong with that, but I generally like RTH more (hoping Charlie's right tho)

14 hours ago, Menor said:

Yeah with early numbers, but normally by this point Rth and Charlie are pretty close/identical

other situation

14 hours ago, Nero said:

@Charlie Jatinder what is this.... 

you I thought are aware?

13 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Charlie has important real life stuff coming up, was pretty clear that he just got 2 updates about the data rather than doing full tracking this weekend. Thinking 43ish, can just wait 12 hours.

finally someone who did pay attention 😉

Charlie wrote repeatedly he is not and wont be tracking for a few weeks as an important exam is coming up.

He gets seemingly still 2x data per day or day of the weekend, so would people here please finally really read his posts in complete and not only look for which numbers he posted?

Getting the occasional data is not tracking!!!! Not curves, no patterns....

Btw, to ping him to ~ get pushy in a way in a time he stated he has no time for the need to learn....

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2