sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

For me all that JW 3 success make a lot of sense, it is a superhero movie in what look like a comic book adaptation, what is harder to explain is how low the first one went (I remember back in the days thinking that JW and Deadpool should play quite similar lol, like 40m OW each).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Disagree to the strongest.

You can say in lots of ways you disagree without going that route

Even worse

Bullying-ish at best

People call you out for not needed style and you are reacting in that way, implying them are reacting that way.

The only one reacting rather strongly (and in my POV way over the top / annoying,...) seems - in this case - being you.

He is actually being quite kind and gentle towards these specific people. If this was a forum with no paying members and without a moderation system that allows the mob to demand bans then you would see how some crybabies whose cinematic knowledge ends at the most recent blockbusters and who think that they know it all, would be dealt with.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

don't @ me

Or what? I know what you are and i dont like it... until you stop trying to do bad things this will not change.. but you have it in you, i know it!! You can do better!^^ TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Or what? I know what you are and i dont like it... until you stop trying to do bad things this will not change.. but you have it in you, i know it!! You can do better!^^ TTVOMJ

The problem Maximum Avery is from within, within yourself. What you deem right and wrong is so detatched from reality that you believe any backlash against the Disney's perfect MCU is heracy. I'm not a bad person and I'm not doing bad things, you are not worthy of judging me.

• Like 2

1. Endgame

2. JW3

3. Captain Marvel

4. Shazam

And those are the only four movies I've bothered to see in the theater this year.  If it's not something that's going to benefit from an iMax and/or an opening night, hyped up crowd, my wife and I will usually just wait for it to stream.  Maybe we'll see a rom-com once a year just for a date night or something.  Upcoming movies I know we'll see are SW9: TROS and FFH.  I'll probably go on my own to see Joker, if I like the reviews.  And I have a friend that wants to see Brightburn, though I almost never watch horror movies, so that's still iffy.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

11 minutes ago, andrewgr said:

1. Endgame

2. JW3

3. Captain Marvel

4. Shazam

And those are the only four movies I've bothered to see in the theater this year.  If it's not something that's going to benefit from an iMax and/or an opening night, hyped up crowd, my wife and I will usually just wait for it to stream.  Maybe we'll see a rom-com once a year just for a date night or something.  Upcoming movies I know we'll see are SW9: TROS and FFH.  I'll probably go on my own to see Joker, if I like the reviews.  And I have a friend that wants to see Brightburn, though I almost never watch horror movies, so that's still iffy.

I guess you confused a thread...

Edited by Firepower

Watching John Wick's increase with each opening is such a massive turn on!!😍😛

John Wick   :  $14,415,922

John Wick 2:  $30,436,123

John Wick 3:  $57,025,000

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Transformers 2

Transformers 3

Armageddon

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Breaking Dawn

All kinds of shitty horror movies

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

These are just some of the movies I love that I have taken flack for over the years.  So many time people have ridiculed me for having "strange taste in film" or I get the comment, "baumer you sure are unique."  And I don't complain or get upset when people tell me I'm crazy for liking what I like.  No one should really care what anyone else thinks of whatever film you like.  We all have different opinions and we all like what we like.  Getting upset or calling someone a bully because they tell you that a certain film sucks, is pretty immature.  Why some of you care so much when ONE person hates a film you like, is really confounding.

Try being me from 2008-2012 when I professed my love for Twilight.  :rofl:  So don't get so worked up because I hated US.  :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I’ve discovered a great movie theater in nearby Long Island - finally - so I’ve been to the movies more this year than in the last couple of years combined. 

Here’s how I rank what I saw so far:

1. Endgame
  2. Us
  3. Captain Marvel
  4. Detective Pikachu
  5. Pet Sematary
  6. The Curse of La Llorona

Endgame is the only one I’ve seen twice and still the only one I’d see again in theaters.   I thought Us was very well done and I enjoyed Captain Marvel, but will wait for Blu Ray or streaming to watch either of those again.

Edited by Kjtc
  • Like 2