sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Why would the GA be more interested in Godzilla v Kong when they already have this?

A cinematic masterpiece.

Kong is such a bae with them pecs and teeth.

Imma need to find a #TeamKong T-shirt to wear to the Godzilla v. Kong affair next year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Oh yes this I agree with. Bourne films were so fun.

And they also seemed more realistic in action and story than all the MI movies and Bond movies except for Skyfall. 

19 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

The question is whether DCEU can keep up the momentum, based off Shazam they can't

Shazam was good quality just Shazam isn’t big hero 

birds of prey 

Wonder Woman 1984

batman 

suicide squad 

all good directors and have hype. Aquaman 2 will be fine 

1 hour ago, lilmac said:

Weekend is a reminder (to me) that outside of Lion King, this summer looks meh.

All of July looks stellar to me. 

June and August are a bit of a drag though. 

Rocketman and Aladdin both had amazing Sunday's (relative to Saturday) at my theatre. Godzilla did alright compared to Saturday I guess, but not so much.

Rocketman is looking at equivalent of 33.5-34.5M opening at my theatre. Aladdin around 47M second weekend. Godzilla 25-26M max, but I always sorta knew it wouldn't break out in this market. 

This summer looks meh to me. Not interested in TS4 and Lion King as I don't have any personal attachment to those franchises. Only Spider man interests me. August is also looking boring. 

Nothing except Star wars in Dec. Can't wait for this year to end as it has been overall disappointing so far both professionally, personally and movie going wise. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 2

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

This summer looks meh to me. Not interested in TS4 and Lion King as I don't have any personal attachment to those franchises. Only Spider man interests me. August is also looking boring. 

Nothing except Star wars in Dec. Can't wait for this year to end as it has been overall disappointing so far both professionally, personally and movie going wise. 

Well that escalated quickly. 

• Haha 1

@MCKillswitch123 I know that was incredibly hot outside but that is no excuse for this DISASTER of a weekend for the 2 main openers since Aladdin barely dropped from the last weekend. Godzilla opened with way less than half of Kong, 2/3 of G14 and below famous flops in Portugal like Mortal Engines or Hellboy.

Don't even get me started on Rocketman. That is like 1/10 of Bohemian's OW lmao.

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_30_maio_a_2_junho_2019_82885cf4efc5f38fe.pdf

Edited by CJohn
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 2

Yeah it really sucks what’s happening to Godzilla. I really rooted for it, just like I rooted for Godzilla 2014 back in the day. It really was the main reason I was in these forums, trying to fend off any negativity for it. But I have to accept it’s not everyone’s cup of tea eh. 

Gonna join @Brainbug now. Probably will come around the time Godzilla vs Kong releases its first trailer and every now and then for other major events on the way but for now I’m taking a break for real. Peace ✌️ 

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 I know that was incredibly hot outside but that is no excuse for this DISASTER of a weekend for the 2 main openers since Aladdin barely dropped from the last weekend. Godzilla opened with way less than half of Kong, 2/3 of G14 and below famous flops in Portugal like Mortal Engines or Hellboy.

Don't even get me started on Rocketman. That is like 1/10 of Bohemian's OW lmao.

https://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_30_maio_a_2_junho_2019_82885cf4efc5f38fe.pdf

Shittugal shitting as shitting always.

20 hours ago, UserHN said:

I posted this on the TLK thread but I'll post it again in this thread.

I've come to realize that I really like it now if commenters in Twitter/BOT/Reddit hate a movie that I'm anticipating. Might be a form of good luck. So please please make your hate for TLK and TS4 as intense as possible. Invite your friends to also trash the film in social media. Tell them to don't dare love TLK or TS4 before it will be released (like how they loved Shazam, Pika, and Zilla).

But TLK is also having huge predictions everywhere and definitely not underpredicted by us. So by that logic even with the hate, it should underperform.

10 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

But TLK is also having huge predictions everywhere and definitely not underpredicted by us. So by that logic even with the hate, it should underperform.

There is a large and significant number of TLK remake haters on Twitter and YT because of "emotionless" animals. They're hard to miss.

On 6/1/2019 at 4:53 AM, Brainbug said:

Oh well. Like i said, i dont really care (though i would apprectiate it if you woud stop tagging me). Ill see the film for the fith and sixth time today and plan to end it with 25+ times

Are you serious? That has to be a record for a Godzilla fan.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UserHN said:

There is a large and significant number of TLK remake haters on Twitter and YT because of "emotionless" animals. They're hard to miss.

But they are emotionless, especially compared to the original.

They may be noticeable but everyone is/was predicting huge numbers for this on here. There’s a $300M+ OW club and a TLK DOM > Aladdin+Pets 2+TS4 DOM club. You may point out an under club or two but you can’t not tell me that predictions for TLK despite the dislike isn’t their. So if we go by your logic, that if a film is overpredicted, it’ll underperform. Besides I haven’t seen hate for all three of these films on social media except for Aladdin really.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

But they are emotionless, especially compared to the original.

They may be noticeable but everyone is/was predicting huge numbers for this on here. There’s a $300M+ OW club and a TLK DOM > Aladdin+Pets 2+TS4 DOM club. You may point out an under club or two but you can’t not tell me that predictions for TLK despite the dislike isn’t their. So if we go by your logic, that if a film is overpredicted, it’ll underperform. Besides I haven’t seen hate for all three of these films on social media except for Aladdin really.

Did I say anything about "overpredicted" and "underpredicted"? My theory is that the more there is hate on Twitter, the more it is likely to succeed. What? You haven't seen hate for TLK? As I said, very hard to miss bec they're everywhere. And TS4 hate is also everywhere bec "why do we need another TS??!! TS3 is the perfect ending!!!".

14 minutes ago, UserHN said:

just because someone is not interested in seeing a remake to a classic film doesn't mean they are haters. Some people just don't want to watch a film that's been on DVD and Blu-ray for years already. 

• Like 2