efialtes76

Wednesday numbers:

49 minutes ago, tawasal said:

It will also end up being the lowest grossing OW of movies with over 4,303 theaters. That's out of 27 movies. If the 40m-50m projections for the weekend holds.  

Definitely. Surprising that it went that big. Not smart.

2 hours ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

Jesus christ at Endgame's lost screens. Seems beyond what was expected.

49 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Agreed it's bad and a lot worse than IW. Guess the run will be up soon.

Losing so many screens plus its 3+ hour runtime is a double whammy for Endgame! Plus going forward, its daily screening will be decreasing from 4-5 times per-day down to 2-3 or 1-2 in some locations (except on the weekends), and that will hurt it as well.

• Like 1

May 6: Aladdin looks like a joke! Guy Ritchie? What the hell were they THINKING? God this looks AWFUL!!! Will Smith is a blue nightmare! The leads are boring as hell! This movie has "bomb" written all over it! They should have at least waited until 2020 when there wasn't any competition so it could do something! Looks like Disney is going to have to rethink its remakes!!!

June 6: Will Smith is back!!! Guy Ritchie is a genius! When are they going to make sequels???

• Like 7
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Losing so many screens plus its 3+ hour runtime is a double whammy for Endgame! Plus going forward, its daily screening will be decreasing from 4-5 times per-day down to 2-3 or 1-2 in some locations (except on the weekends), and that will hurt it as well.

Yeh it’s been down to once a day all week at my local here in the UK. The daily showing is also at 10am. 

5 hours ago, jedijake said:

June 6:  Guy Ritchie is a genius! 

Lol stop 

11 hours ago, baumer said:

Sorry, don't know where else to put this.

There's a great horror series on Netflix right now....not sure if you get it in scotland but if you do...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check it out.  It's one of the goriest most violent things I've ever seen.  The killings are brutal and genius.  The first season is very good, the second is fucking brilliant and the third so far is very good.  It's a whodunnit kind of series.  I hope and think you will enjoy it.

It's called SLASHER

@75Live

Thanks for the tip.  I'll check it out :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sfran43 said:

Pretty much the nail in the coffin as far as its race to catch Avatar, at least during EG's initial run. Oh, well, only us BO geeks were all that interested in it overtaking Avatar, I guess. And it seems ridiculous to feel even remotely disappointed in the BO performance of a film that's grossed over $800-mil DOM and $2.7 billion WW! :)

• Like 1

I'm interested in the Aladdin and Zilla's numbers from Thursday.

Does Aladdin manage to post a number higher than DP's previews like it did last week with Zilla? I'll say no, but it'll be close.

How much does Zilla drop on Thursday? Aladdin dropped 14% last week when it lost IMAX and PLF. Can Zilla have a similar drop or will it be worse?

Also, were the huge gains and mostly solid drops on Tues and Wed due to the Islamic Holiday that one poster mentioned a couple of days ago? If it was, then are we overestimating the likely totals for this weekend?

10 hours ago, Tentatek said:

Illumination flop era is coming....

How exactly is anything they do going to flop?  Their budgets are typically half of what regular animation is and they have a world wide following. With an 80- million dollar budget, the film could gross 300 million WW and it would be a hit.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

Does Aladdin manage to post a number higher than DP's previews like it did last week with Zilla? I'll say no, but it'll be close.

How much does Zilla drop on Thursday? Aladdin dropped 14% last week when it lost IMAX and PLF. Can Zilla have a similar drop or will it be worse?

Also, were the huge gains and mostly solid drops on Tues and Wed due to the Islamic Holiday that one poster mentioned a couple of days ago? If it was, then are we overestimating the likely totals for this weekend?

Eid benefits mostly Indian movies.  I don't think a lot of Indians celebrating Eid were going to see many NA movies, at least In my city, which is Indian centric, all of the Indian films were either sold out or close to it on the Wednesday.  By contrast, Godzilla and Alladin at the same time of day were very very soft.  My Zilla showing had 5 people in it.  Bharat was sold out.  Chandgahr was about 75% sold out.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

I'd say slightly bigger drop for Godzilla, but not by much, so maybe 15-16%. Any news on Thursday preview numbers of Dark Phoenix? I heard it could be $4-5 million, is that accurate? Because if it is then DAMN, that's pretty bad.

20 minutes ago, baumer said:

How exactly is anything they do going to flop?  Their budgets are typically half of what regular animation is and they have a world wide following. With an 80- million dollar budget, the film could gross 300 million WW and it would be a hit.  

People are goofy here.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, baumer said:

I also don't see it flopping, mostly because of the low budget. But it could underperform relative to expectations. The first one made $875M, more than BvS and Inside Out. If Pets 2 just grosses around $500M+, then it's underperforming. And Illumination should worry about its BO trend.

Edited by UserHN