sfran43

Dead Weekend Walking Thread: Actuals - MIB International $30.03M | TSLOP2 $24.41M | Aladdin $17.31M | Rocketman $9.42M | Dark Phoenix $9.35M | SHAFT $8.90M

Dark Phoenix is going to drop almost 80% in the US and 95% in China this weekend. I assume rest of OS markets will drop ~ 85-90% as well. Lol at what i'm writing.

Did some calculations. It'll be at 194M by Sunday. With Toy Story 4 delivering the final blow next weekend, a finish of 210-215M WW can be expected.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

This is actually an exciting weekend after all, just focus on the SK and Japan numbers for Aladdin 😛 

Hate they fucked up China. There was potential of $300mn plus in these three.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

Judging by how things are going for most franchises outside of Disney/marvel umbrella, it would be good if James Cameron delays Terminator to Christmas to take advantage of holiday legs in case the opening is 20+ like bumblebee. Sony should also move Charlie Angels reboot to Valentine Day weekend.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

IMO, Beasts problem are characters and that's hard to fix. The cast skews too old to be interesting to anyone who grew with HP movies, let alone potential new generation of fans. Actors just aren't appealing either. To me, they are like Narnia. That one had the problem with blah cast that never took off like HP kids. Marvel is a prime example that you can repeat the same unimaginative formula 100 time and it;s gonna work and feel fresh as long as it's carried by winning characters who differ from each other (and therefore make the same old feel new). FB doesn't have that advantage and it;s already saddled with too many characters to try to add potentially appealing newbies. 

All starts with Newt Scamander and Eddie Redmayne’s portrayal. Just doesn’t appeal to the general audience and I suspect, to HP fans also. 

5 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Judging by how things are going for most franchises outside of Disney/marvel umbrella, it would be good if James Cameron delays Terminator to Christmas to take advantage of holiday legs in case the opening is 20+ like bumblebee. Sony should also move Charlie Angels reboot to Valentine Day weekend.

Terminator gonna flop too :ph34r:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

Considering Sony doesn’t have too many franchises I can see them attempting anotber MIB with Smith back or a MIB/Ghostbusters crossover or something like that 

they can't do a crossover with MIB with how the rights are. That's why MIB23 never came to be

13 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

All starts with Newt Scamander and Eddie Redmayne’s portrayal. Just doesn’t appeal to the general audience and I suspect, to HP fans also. 

Nic Hoult was in the shortlist, he would have been a better pick.

40 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Go up against J3 and TROS? Anyway, Terminator will be distributed by Disney OS (like what happened to Glass earlier). I doubt if Disney wants to open another blockbuster against TROS.

57 minutes ago, Mr Impossible said:

Pretty bleh score. I guess 60%+ drop in store for next weekend?

with an inflated sunday and mixed reception it seems 60% drop is the floor.

by the by, haven't heard anything about KOTM's Fri from Deadline and feel it might have had a disappointing 35-45% Fri bump like it happens in summers at times. needed 50% bump for 2.0 Fri and hope it gets there.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1