Eric Duncan

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

3 minutes ago, Ryaner90 said:

Just like Homecoming the Spider-Man movies will always fall below expectations. People need to remember that, no matter how good it is

Yes, one day of an unpredictable 6-day weekend has fallen below very high expectations. Freak out time! @richtmancharles, we need a not cool!

If it's 45 million today then that's still 185 million or so for the first 6 days, nothing to worry about, could even go higher. I expected 40-50 OD and 180-200 for the first 6 days, so I'm good with this.

Edit: just saw Charlie's numbers, 180 coul still happen but it won't be easy. 40+30+20+35+30+25

Edited by AlexMA
Read Charlie's numbers

Just out of curiosity, since we don’t really have good comps, how do we know this can’t just go nuts the next five days? I’m expecting $180 million to $200 million or so right now, but can it not go higher if stars align? Maybe people did not want to come out today as much as we expected, and will come on later days. A spectacular Wednesday drop would not surprise me at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

Yes, one day of an unpredictable 6-day weekend has fallen below very high expectations. Freak out time! @richtmancharles, we need a not cool!

But spider-man movies always fall below expectations. So either people on here can't predict or over predict or it's the fact this is more then 11 movies for Spider-Man in less then twenty years and no matter how good marvel does with the movie that fact will always remain. When it comes to predictions with this movie always go lower,  Homecoming should have shown people that.

Also after being in endgame this will get the same kind of increase Ant man 2 got which is woeful

Edited by Ryaner90
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, Ryaner90 said:

It was supposed to do better yesterday....

cap might have an ulterior motive for thinking 40m is a goldilocks number (not too high, not too low) for FFH.  :ph34r:

I might not be sayin'

Nah, I'm totes sayin'. :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

cap might have an ulterior motive for thinking 40m is a goldilocks number (not too high, not too low) for FFH.  :ph34r:

I might not be sayin'

Nah, I'm totes sayin'. :ph34r:

So it's going to do worse then ....

Jesus this movie is disappointment after disappointment

Edited by Ryaner90
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 4

SMFFH opened on discount Tuesday with no preview shows and extremely limited midnight shows. In addition to that a lot of dumbass college students that come to the bar I work at didn't think it was coming out till this weekend after the surprise when I told them I saw it today. 

I think it's doing well over $200M through Sunday. Fuck I wouldn't be surprised if the gross went up tomorrow. No preview gross to inflate opening day. It's been years since we've seen that.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

SMFFH opened on discount Tuesday with no preview shows and extremely limited midnight shows. In addition to that a lot of dumbass college students that come to the bar I work at didn't think it was coming out till this weekend after the surprise when I told them I saw it today. 

I think it's doing well over $200M through Sunday. Fuck I wouldn't be surprised if the gross went up tomorrow. No preview gross to inflate opening day. It's been years since we've seen that.

It won't judging but Twitter it might even do less then 180

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’ve actually been slightly toying with the idea that it stays flat. I feel like it is just wishful thinking, but you do have a point that there is no preview gross inflation. And the 3rd of July does act like a Friday. No! Don’t give me hope!

If Annabelle Comes Home taught me anything it's not to judge a movie's Opening Day if it's not on a Friday. I thought for sure that it was doing under 25M and it ended up doing 31M for the 5-day. FFH still has a shot at 200M 6-day IMO. 

Edited by Fanboy
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ryaner90 said:

So it's going to do worse then ....

Jesus this movie is disappointment after disappointment

Disappointement! ,Care to elaborate?

Sony expectations are 125M for 6 days.

Trades expectations are as low as 140M to 175M.

The movie will likely make 180M, so above all projections.

200M wasn't a lock, and I can see FFH getting there if it has good drop tomorrow.

Edited by Permanent Magnet