sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Spider-Man FFH $45.35M | Toy Story 4 $20.95M | CRAWL $12.01M | STUBER $8.23M | Yesterday $6.70M | Aladdin 6.17M

14 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

https://deadline.com/2019/07/spider-man-far-from-home-crawl-stuber-weekend-box-office-1202645451/

Deadline being Deadline as is the case most weekends. No way FFH makes only 40M. Try 47-50M.

2nd Update, Friday Midday: In the wake of Sony’s Spider-Man: Far From Homeand heading into the colossal Lion King, counterprogramming remains the freshest stuff on the marquee, but it’s not king. Paramount’s Sam Raimi-alligator production Crawl is seeing $4.5M-$5M today (including $1M from last night) for a 3rd place start between $11M-$12M at 3,170 locations.

crawl.jpg?w=296&h=166&crop=1
Paramount

Disney/Fox’s R-rated action comedy Stuber with $3M-$3.5M today and $7.5M-$9M for the weekend at 3,050 is far worse in 4th place. Far From Home, as expected, has No. 1 in its web with around $40M, -56% for a running total of $269.2M by Sunday at 4,634 theaters.

i would expect these estimates to go up as the weekend goes on. FFH needs to get to at least 45M this weekend. Anything less would be a minor disappointment imo.

Not surprised about the newcomers.

Yeah those extremely early numbers are bull, we'll get a much better idea of what's what in a couple hours.

But how about Aladdin, right? And no, absolutely not a single soul saw that coming, Aladdin having as many consecutive days over $1 million as Black Panther or The Avengers. And if you had told any of us that 2 months ago you'd go straight into the loony bin.

And now it just needs to beat Yesterday to have 8 consecutive weekends in the top 5, Black Panther's equal in that department (Avengers had to settle for "only" 6 weeks). What a wild run this has been and it's still going strong on its way to $350 million in North America and over $1 billion worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

hmm...FFH needed just 34.4% bump on Fri to hit 12.0

12 (+34.4%) // +53.4% SMH

16 (+33.4%) // +29.1%

12 (-25%) // -26.1%

= 40

Don't think below that is possible in any case with low competition and strong reception.

Feel like with TS4's 1st 2 weekend and FFH's ow, the usual thing will continue. By late Sun we could be seeing a 42-43 weekend if nothing more.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Oooh phew, that would be solid for Crawl ($13m budget) and in line with tracking ($10-12m). 

Just saw Annabelle Comes Home and it rocked. 

Annabelle Comes Home is fantastic it has some genuine scares in the roots of Conjuring, It Follows.

lol I got thread banned in the lion king thread for being the only reasonable voice out there. Shame that the mods are in on the trolling around here. I have reported alot of obvious trolls like shay for derailing threads but mods want trolls around because they are trolls themselves pff I am disappointed.

giphy.gif

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 5

Reason number #95397848365893489 why Paramount is the fucking dumbest thing on Earth: hide your crowd pleasing horror pic from critics in order to make it seem it is a turd only to pull a 89% fresh tomato on RT on opening day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Crawl is actually looking to slightly beat expectations if those early numbers hold up. Tomato Law at work! @CJohn

I didn't plan on seeing it but now I am likely going Sunday.

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Reason number #95397848365893489 why Paramount is the fucking dumbest thing on Earth: hide your crowd pleasing horror pic from critics in order to make it seem it is a turd only to pull a 89% fresh tomato on RT on opening day.

They legit had me convinced Crawl was gonna be some 3m opening 10% disaster from the marketing (and lack thereof). Paramount ceases to be a functional studio in the modern age. Only a matter of time before they're absorbed into The Mouse, and honestly I won't even be mad about it. At least they'll be competent again. 

• Like 1