Alli

Babylon - Damien Chazelle; Margot Robbie; Brad Pitt | Paramount | December 23, 2022 nationwide

25 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

could this get a F cinemascore ? lots of families going to theaters may see this by mistake

Because they were going to Avatar or Puss in Boots and accidentally ended up in the wrong auditorium? Babylon is rated R, maybe it'll be too hard an R for some, but The Wolf of Wall Street released at Christmas and got a C Cinemascore. I don't think Babylon will attract enough of a general audience for them to give it an F.

21 minutes ago, excel1 said:

It's scored are not bad ? People made it out like this was an impending 30% RT disaster. 

64% is quite bad for a movie that is made for the academy.  The numbers will get a lot worse once more reviews come, it will probably end up with a 45-55% score.

Not a complete disaster like Amsterdam, but still a critical failure and yet another commercial flop for Margot Robbie; thankfully she has Barbie coming up to save her from being labeled as box office poison.

On 12/17/2022 at 11:22 PM, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

64% is quite bad for a movie that is made for the academy.  The numbers will get a lot worse once more reviews come, it will probably end up with a 45-55% score.

Not a complete disaster like Amsterdam, but still a critical failure and yet another commercial flop for Margot Robbie; thankfully she has Barbie coming up to save her from being labeled as box office poison.

Some other Best picture nominees at Academy Awards have similar RT, like Don't Look Up, Vice, Joker, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Reader....

On 12/17/2022 at 10:22 AM, ThePrinceIsOnFire said:

The movie doesn't open in the US until later this week.  The tracking is at $18 million OW from what I read...  but we'll see how audiences react. 

I think this is the kind of movie that might attract casuals, but when they find out it's over 3 hours long, many of them we'll be like ...NAH! 😁

This looks simply a disaster, Margot robbie is turning into BO poison, and frankly i do not find her attractive anymore. Gone are the extreme youthful looks from say Wolf of wall street, where she was extremely attractive.

Chazelle is a one trick pony, only knows jazz, and no other genre. No one is interested in this crap.

Edited by Halba
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, Halba said:

This looks simply a disaster, Margot robbie is turning into BO poison, and frankly i do not find her attractive anymore. Gone are the extreme youthful looks from say Wolf of wall street, where she was extremely attractive.

Chazelle is a one trick pony, only knows jazz, and no other genre. No one is interested in this crap.

She's no Emma Stone or JLaw, but she reminds me of Cameron Diaz from the late 90s/early 2000s.

Edited by Saul Goodman

5 hours ago, Halba said:

I would take a step outside yourself and observe how this statement has defined Hollywood since the beginning of time...  😉