Eric S'ennui

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

10 minutes ago, TMP said:

-Fury Road

-Fallout? The Raid?

Fury Road and Fallout. Also just remembered Aquaman which isn't the same quality as the two films above but still has same level of action as the PoTC movies.

I would include The Raid 2 (and even The Night Comes for Us if we are talking about Indonesians action films) but my point was about big budget Hollywood productions.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I know right? It's a perfect popcorn movie with such creative memorable set pieces, characters, score, etc. Huge fan of first 3, my favorite trilogy ever after LOTR

It is, it's actually best POTC movie for many of my friends. I like COTBP more, found it more fun than other two, but other two are fun too. They had their shortcomings but overall were entertaining too, kinda wierd to see such low ratings to both of them.

Also as a trilogy, has one of the best and most recognisable theme songs of all time, and other music is pretty good too, so all in all, a crazy, fun, entertaining trilogy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It is, it's actually best POTC movie for many of my friends. I like COTBP more, found it more fun than other two, but other two are fun too. They had their shortcomings but overall were entertaining too, kinda wierd to see such low ratings to both of them.

Also as a trilogy, has one of the best and most recognisable theme songs of all time, and other music is pretty good too, so all in all, a crazy, fun, entertaining trilogy. 

And speaking of POTC music. 

Was just listening to this one 😀😀

https://youtu.be/dv6pJ2D_Sek

Edited by THUNDER BIRD
  • Like 1

Okay. All caught up. 

12 hours ago, Mekanos said:

Can we at least wait for Thursday numbers before the doom and gloom sets in. Same shit happened in Far From Home's thread.

No! It’s a Bingo Box!

11 hours ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Out of reactions :hahaha:

This is is a great time to remind people there’s going be a SALE on paid accounts! Get a gold with unlimited likes and then give everyone on the Cats thread a JJJ face like I did. 

5 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Between her laughable voice acting and insipid new songs in this movie, is everyone finally ready to retire the myth that Beyonce is talented? 

Bingo. 

15 hours ago, Slambros said:

Hoping for an underperformance this weekend. Not one that holds individual theaters back from gaining good revenue, but enough to let Disney know that easy choices aren't bulletproof.

Box office is not all of Disney’s game. Don’t forget that even if this “underperforms” and the budget is the rumored 300M+, Disney will still make it’s money back between soundtrack sales and merchandise, along with bringing awareness back to the original property.  Other than some nightmare scenario, Disney’s not taking an L on this. 

15 hours ago, cannastop said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Bingo. 

Edited by captainwondyful
  • Like 1

My family is seeing it at noon today so i'll get their reactions when I get home this afternoon.

if its basically the original with updated technology my expectation is they'll love it. They don't want a different movie. They are already upset that Disney is changing Mulan and taking out the songs and Moshu.

Someone mentioned China. Remember this is 2nd weekend in China and for the first time in months due to Chinese censors there is actually a local Chinese movie opening, so it was known it would take a hit week 2 in China.

I think WOM is likely to be fine. People here are paying too much attention to the RT score imo. GA WOM will ultimately decide what the legs are like and i'm not seeing anything yet that would suggest a BvS reaction by the GA. i don't think it will have the Aladdin WOM, but it doesn't need to. We ultimately won't know about legs until a week from now when we see what the 2nd weekend hold is.

• Like 1

OW/preview multipliers for several comparable movies:

TS4: 10.07

BatB: 10.72

JW: 11.29

JW FK: 9.67

Dory: 14.67

WW: 9.36

Alad: 13.07

Why would TLK get anything less than 9X IM or even less than 9.36 IM ? Logically the lowest TLK should make this weekend is around $205 million. Logically that is.

8 minutes ago, jedijake said:

OW/preview multipliers for several comparable movies:

TS4: 10.07

BatB: 10.72

JW: 11.29

JW FK: 9.67

Dory: 14.67

WW: 9.36

Alad: 13.07

Why would TLK get anything less than 9X IM or even less than 9.36 IM ? Logically the lowest TLK should make this weekend is around $205 million. Logically that is.

With the same PTA as B&TB it'll get to 196mil so that seems pretty fair, how much did B&TB make in previews in terms of PTA?

18 minutes ago, a2k said:

48 (72 od, 3x previews)

62.5 (+30%)

50 (-20%)

= 184.5 ow (7.69x previews)

? you mayb right but i just dont see it

@a2k the weekend might be like this  but i doubt that the multi will be that low,plus the fact that friday seems to be  55-60+ depending on how much presale heavy will be

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, a2k said:

48 (72 od, 3x previews)

62.5 (+30%)

50 (-20%)

= 184.5 ow (7.69x previews)

48 is not happening, because Captain Marvel presale Friday comp is 54 and there's no way it's as frontloaded

It will follow Fallen Kingdom ratio with a 65 pure Friday roughly imo, 9.5-9.9 IM

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Molek said:

48 is not happening, because Captain Marvel presale Friday comp is 54 and there's no way it's as frontloaded

It will follow Fallen Kingdom ratio with a 65 pure Friday roughly imo, 9.5-9.9 IM

BATB od was 3.9x (63.7/16.3) the previews in march.

So 3x for TLK in dead summer seemed reasonable to me, that too with much bigger previews.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

BATB od was 3.9x the previews in march.

So 3x for TLK in dead summer seemed reasonable to me, that too with much bigger previews.

idk , the presales however do seem to indicate a 55-60+ true friday but hey we will know soon enought

ps doesnt mean that you cant be right though, as i dont think that its crazy or unreasonable

Edited by john2000

42 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

With the same PTA as B&TB it'll get to 196mil so that seems pretty fair, how much did B&TB make in previews in terms of PTA?

$16.3 million in previews. Based on its 4210 theater count, it was $3871 per theater for previews.

For TLK, that would equate to $18.27 million in previews (4720 theaters).

But reports are saying $22 million in previews (maybe higher). That comes to a PTA of $4661.

In other words, TLK is doing better than BatB based on reports. BatB had an OD IM of 3.91 and an OW IM of 10.72. That gives TLK an OD of $86 million (~$64 million true Friday) and an OW of $235 million. 

TLK should have a better hold on Sunday than BatB did since Monday was school for BatB.

Edited by jedijake
  • Like 1