Eric Lasagna

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

I don't know if it counts but watched alot of MCU movies via piracy. Especially Avengers Infinite war

just kiddin

:hahaha:

I watched it front-row 

Edited by Geo1500

5 hours ago, excel1 said:

Avengers 2012 opening weekend was $170m flat after the 3D surcharge removed per Hollywood Reporter which was a bit below what TDK, Sith, Spidey 3 inflated to at the time. 

Cry me a river

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Maybe it can be a parent movie, a la Zotoopia, and get that sweet sweet 4.55X multiplier.

Kids also liked Zootopia though.  If you take your kid to see a movie and they get restless because it bores them, that’ll effect WoM more than what you think about it.

• Like 2

A ranking of all the family movies I’ve from this Summer!

1. Midsommar

2. Toy Story 4

3. The Lion King

4. Aladdin

havent seen: Far From Home, SLOP2

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Can mortal kombat break-out B&B-Aladdin-Lion King esque in 2021? As we may know the 90s nostalgia is strong and Mortal kombat comes from that era ultimately and it has grown thru out the years. 

I have an early feeling of this breaking out big time when it opens in 2021 but it needs the right amount of promotions and marketing leading upto the premier and even months before it. 

Let me know your thoughts on Mortal kombat and how do you see it doing at the box office? Will it find great success, medium or bomb and why?

Edited by Geo1500

32 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

On OW or in theaters through the entire run?

Beauty and the Beast

Dark Knight Rises

Twilight 2, 3, 4

Finding Dory

Suicide Squad

Deadpool 2

Saw everything else in Top 50 OW.

In theaters at all.

$ 81M then, great, $ 200M on table

$ 23M previews

$ 58M friday

$ 65M saturday (+12%)

$ 54M Sunday (-17%)

OW: $ 200M

That said, around $ 192-195M seems more probable. Exceptional OW anyway, i just watch the movie again and people really seems happy with it.