grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

There will be tons of people rewatching them all that will end up going “wow, the sequels were way better than I remember them”. 

They do stand up well to repeat viewings as the intricacy of the narrative unravels, revealing the machines set up of the entire system. 

I’m probably going to lose it when this trailer comes out tomorrow. The sight on one of those teases of Reeves back as Neo - lord almighty. 

• Like 4

I actually loved the cliffhanger at the end of Reloaded, Agent Smith waking up in the real world was definitely an “oh shit” moment.

For those who have seen Resurrections or read the leaks, without going into spoilers, does it actually matter if you’ve seen the sequels? I ask because my partner is very reluctant to watch the sequels based on their reputation, and I’m hoping she’ll be able to watch Resurrections without being lost (she loves the original).

I love the original Matrix, it managed to combine big fun summer blockbuster with high concept ideas/themes/philosophy. It's pure movie magic. The film has an incredible amount of momentum to it for something so lore heavy. 

More mixed on the sequels (and the Wachowski's subsequent works). They amount to nice ideas and bold narrative choices but get bogged down in tiresome exposition and loses it's human touch. You're basically cutting from fun action scenes to someone reading a manual. 

I was surprised by how excited the little teasers got me. I haven't felt this giddy about a film in a while, it's tapping into something in my brain. I'm honestly going to try avoid anything else about the film from now, including tomorrow's trailer. 

• Like 1

There’s seldom been a trailer that I really don’t want to watch, but know I won’t be able to resist.  With only three months to wait, I could put the breaks on. 

but….going back to that Matrix Reloaded trailer - it was all part of my excitement I fondly recall from 2003. Plus it didn’t really spoil anything. So I’m trusting them to not give much away this time too….

• Like 2

This website seemed to do the trick yesterday, plenty of buzz online. Nice to have a fresh approach to marketing these days, but also quite a retro one too. Fitting for the film. 

I liked the first film, hated Reloaded in cinemas so never watched the third. Maybe I’ll revisit them on Netflix before this one comes out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

This website seemed to do the trick yesterday, plenty of buzz online. Nice to have a fresh approach to marketing these days, but also quite a retro one too. Fitting for the film. 

I liked the first film, hated Reloaded in cinemas so never watched the third. Maybe I’ll revisit them on Netflix before this one comes out. 

My dad took me to see reloaded when I was 13. I remember disliking it and loving the 3rd. I've not seen the Matrix Revolutions since, I guess my taste would be far different now. 

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Krissy, definitely get on a rewatch of Reloaded. I think you’ll be surprised, and reflect on your initial opinion of it. 

• Like 2

I was going to try to not watch the trailer since going in super fresh would be amazing, but I'm just too hyped and I can't watch Shang-Chi for the time being, so I need something to give me joy, so I guess this'll have to be it.

Looks like I'll be late to the party since it'll be released at 1am my time, but oh well. Sometimes I'm still up at that time but I probably shouldn't stay up and watch it, I'll never get to sleep. :D

• Like 2