Eric the Minion

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

Just because this is a massive fan service and nostalgia bait doesn't mean it's the best Spider-Man movie, unless fan service and nostalgia are everything for you of course. And looks like it's everything for most people judging by those insane audience ratings and reactions.

For some people, a powerful crowd experience with nostalgia is the ultimate movie going experience.

Think about it. You're transported to your childhood like the food critic in Ratatouille and you have a tribal connection and shared experience where you cry, laugh, and cheer your heart out. It's all very cathartic, especially during difficult times.

It might be a dumb theme park ride for some but for others it doesn't get much better at the movies.

Personally I'm happy that Marvel Studios found the crowd pleaser formula. It means we'll get more roaring crowd experiences in the future which are bucket list worthy depending on who you ask.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

Just because this is a massive fan service and nostalgia bait doesn't mean it's the best Spider-Man movie, unless fan service and nostalgia are everything for you of course. And looks like it's everything for most people judging by those insane audience ratings and reactions.

Maybe maybe just maybe people have different opinions than you? wild right?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fox20 said:

Maybe maybe just maybe people have different opinions than you? wild right?

It doesn't justify those ratings, it's not The Godfather or The Shawshank Redemption, wild right? 10/10 fan-service/nostalgia doesn't equal 10/10 movie itself.

6 hours ago, grey ghost said:

For some people, a powerful crowd experience with nostalgia is the ultimate movie going experience.

Think about it. You're transported to your childhood like the food critic in Ratatouille and you have a tribal connection and shared experience where you cry, laugh, and cheer your heart out. It's all very cathartic, especially during difficult times.

It might be a dumb theme park ride for some but for others it doesn't get much better at the movies.

Personally I'm happy that Marvel Studios found the crowd pleaser formula. It means we'll get more roaring crowd experiences in the future which are bucket list worthy depending on who you ask.

Don't you think it's weird that fan service and nostalgia "experience" about childhood movies gets much better reception than the actual childhood movies? And it's not because this movie is anywhere near as good, if you remove everything related to older movies here, you'll get nothing.

12 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Just entered the IMDb top 10, lmao :hahaha:

Yeah, like other big event Marvel movies did before this (Infinity War did and Endgame did too). This started off at 2nd place earlier in the day. Already down to 8th.

Edited by lorddemaxus

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Yeah, like other big event Marvel movies did before this (Infinity War did and Endgame did too). This started off at 2nd place earlier in the day. Already down to 8th.

I don’t recall the trajectory of IW or Endgame, but you’re quite off on NWH. It has been climbing steadily all day. I do expect it will peak soon and then settle modestly above the current highest McU.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I don’t recall the trajectory of IW or Endgame, but you’re quite off on NWH. It has been climbing steadily all day. I do expect it will peak soon and then settle modestly above the current highest McU.

This was the movie a couple hours ago when it entered the list. It seems went down to the 10s and went back up as more ratings got added while keeping its 9.2 (no different to something like Endgame): vo6gme6yg0681.jpg

Will start dropping a lot more when average drops from 9.2 (which didn't happen to Endgame for a few days btw). 

Loved this movie. Never seen this kind of response to any Hollywood movie in my place since Endgame. 

Never liked holland as spidey but this movie made me soften a bit on him!

Booked tickets for 2nd time in IMAX 3D coming tuesday and tickets are getting booked pretty fast already!

SM1 > SM2> NWH>TASM=SM3>TASM2>>>>>>>>FFH>>>>>>>Homecoming

• Like 1

Denmark shuts down again. Theaters closes sometime this weekend.

So i have booked tickets for friday,saturday and sunday. This movie was so good i need to go 3 times more before sitting home all winther doing nothing..

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Firepower said:

It doesn't justify those ratings, it's not The Godfather or The Shawshank Redemption, wild right? 10/10 fan-service/nostalgia doesn't equal 10/10 movie itself.

Don't you think it's weird that fan service and nostalgia "experience" about childhood movies gets much better reception than the actual childhood movies? And it's not because this movie is anywhere near as good, if you remove everything related to older movies here, you'll get nothing.

Yeah I think plenty of people enjoyed Endgame more than Avengers 1 because there's a snowball effect that builds over time.