Eric Duncan

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

To be honest, I thought Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was harsh with the 18. It's got more swearing, but violence-wise, it's similar to Joker, I thought.

Really? The detail he goes in to in that climax scene is classic excessive Tarantino

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Anyway, I think there is a chance that Joker will do something crazy like 600M OS-Ch.Add at least  250M from the US and HOLY SHIT

Hmmm. That's a mighty big ask, considering it's not a typical crowd pleaser. Obviously, openings so far have been very large, beyond expectations in a lot of markets,but there's no indication as to how well it will hold. Still a few big markets to open, but if it doesn't hold up well, you could very easily see a DOM of just around 200 and OS closer to 350. Of course, that's a pessimistic scenario, just as yours is optimistic, but at the moment I don't think we're in a position to know which way it will tip. 

14 minutes ago, TMP said:

When not even a Joker movie can crack a $100m OW, that's when you know Disney really is the God of box office 🙌

Yes it’s hard R rating has nothing to do with it. Also not not sure what Disney has to do with anything 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Hmmm. That's a mighty big ask, considering it's not a typical crowd pleaser. Obviously, openings so far have been very large, beyond expectations in a lot of markets,but there's no indication as to how well it will hold. Still a few big markets to open, but if it doesn't hold up well, you could very easily see a DOM of just around 200 and OS closer to 350. Of course, that's a pessimistic scenario, just as yours is optimistic, but at the moment I don't think we're in a position to know which way it will tip. 

whichever way it tips, it's an event. It achieved what it needed, make its budget back and then some from WW OW. The rest is a gravy train that will be considerable no matter what (holds, no China, limitations imposed by its rating). those who judge it based on Disney movies (lol) can't be serious. Like, I get some noobs but anyone who hangs out on BOT for months or years knows better. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TMP said:

When not even a Joker movie can crack a $100m OW, that's when you know Disney really is the God of box office 🙌

Haha I think you're just trying to start some shit because I dont think youre much of a Disney fan, but yea let's leave Disney out of this. Let's enjoy this run, this will probably usher in a whole new era of darker, R-rated CBMs. Its going to be really really hard for future such movies to top this one though, Joker + festival wins (and Oscar buzz) + pent up demand for darker R-rated CBM fare + controversies + novelty of it all = an incredibly potent combo, not one you can really plan for

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TMP said:

Go away. 

I’d love to see Disney try to open an R rated drama about a mentally ill clown to $90m.

They fear adult films. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

If you told me two years ago that I'd buy tickets to see a Joker solo movie made by the director of the Hangover I'd have thought you were mad. So whatever else you say about the film, it made cynics like me interested. (Granted, having one of the best trailers of modern times didn't hurt.)

42 minutes ago, TMP said:

27 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Yes it’s hard R rating has nothing to do with it. Also not not sure what Disney has to do with anything 🤔

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Go away. 

I’d love to see Disney try to open an R rated drama about a mentally ill clown to $90m.

They fear adult films. 

I think TMP might be facietious.   

Might

• Haha 1