TMP

Weekend Thread | Birds of Prey $33.25M Weekend

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

What's bombing? I hope it doesn't but is 250 ww bombing?

Mr. Pink said the movie will end Yan's career. I said it won't because the movie isn't going to bomb. Yeah, 250 mil isn't a bomb so it won't end her career.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Even that low it will be be profitable with ancillaries.  A disappointment considering the IP and the current strength of CBMs but with it's budget, it's not a bomb.

What's breakeven? Net production cost is 85m. 

Just now, cdsacken said:

Of course it wont end her career. But if international really is horrible and domestic is 100 or less....yeah could be net loser. Again speculation because I hope it does 300+

If the movie was poorly reviewed the B.O. would hurt her. 

But this under performance is probably more on Ayer and SS, the absence of Smith and The Joker.  And the marketing.

• Like 2

If anything this number shows how much @keysersoze123 and the tracking thread are improving. Keyser expressed more than once that his concern was the previews showing a major skew to MTC1 and the 2 biggest markets (LA and NY). MTC2 under indexed and it shows as the middle areas just didnt come out, and neither did women (as one would have hoped with this film). Very interesting results that can be used for a longtime going forward.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

This summer, besides WW1984 and maybe TENET is gonna be a disaster

For WB or in general? Because as disinterested as I might be for Black Widow, it's gonna make a lot of money

• Like 1