Eric Prime

TENET Weekend Thread | 20.2M opening with previews and Canada | RIP Movies 1888-2020

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I was just curious. Usually wide releases got polled, so that's why I asked. 

I doubt CS will start back up at least until theaters in NY and LA are open again. Returning to something resembling pre-pandemic business is gonna take a while.

• Like 2

Clearly Inception and Interstellar's Cinemascores weren't very indicative of the generally good (or great in Inception's case) legs they did have. High concept films are bound to piss off some people no matter what. But yeah Tenet is probably dividing more than the other two, which isn't a good sign. It's not damning in itself however.

• Like 3

this reminds me when Once Upon A Time in Hollywood got a B CS (& somewhere in 70s on RT audience verified score) but still thanks to its star power managed to have great legs. not exactly sure why that movie got timid audience reception as it wasn't hard to understand or anything (it was also Rated R that was almost 3 hours long so maybe that's why). Joker getting a B+ makes sense though 

Edited by RealLyre
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Inception got a B as well. It was so complex older crowd gave it a D. I will not worry about cinemascore. This is a not a straight forward movie. I did not expect a great cinema score. 

Tenet is much more complex than Inception like a lot more complex.

• Like 1

Many probably doesn't like Tenet, but it is hardly forgettable.

You will see tons of movie getting A or even A+ cinemascore but legs out poorly simply because they are forgettable. You come out from theater and probably never talked to anyone else since.

It is hard to not to talk about Tenet as if it is just another action flick. If you don't like it, you would still be telling people how confusing it was when everything was inverted. You probably will ask around. 

Just like Joker, many doesn't like it but they talk about Joker because it is unforgettable. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

does anyone know how many theaters Tenet is supposed to be playing in? according to boxofficemojo, Unhinged opened in 1.8k theaters & The New Mutants in 2.4K. would 3000+ theaters this weekend be plausible? 

BOPro says the unofficial estimate is 2,750+

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-box-office-forecast-tenet-readies-for-wide-domestic-launch-as-theatrical-re-openings-continue-in-time-for-labor-day/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1